• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Commando in the 11th wave.

EonSeig

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 13, 2010
Florida
You know what, everybody just get out. I did this after not having slept for more than 50 hours and I was royally pissed about some personal **** I'm not going to get into with any of you. All I remember is that I had been playing KF trying to finish leveling Commando, the pubs were being morons, and I was not having any fun at all dealing with this crap with the damn Christmas free weekenders. Combined with severe lack of sleep and a lot of anger, I needed to vent on something, and this was the closest target.

I'm surprised that I even succeeded at correctly spelling most of that post.

Make no mistake, I still dislike Commando as he's currently equipped and feel my time is better spent playing something else at the end of a game, but a lot of that first post was coming right out of my ***. Probably the moral of this story is "Don't play Commando in pubs."

Last edited:
The cloak reveal can help a bit on more open maps and a level 6 commando emptying a full SCAR mag and a full AK mag into the Patriarch is hardly nothing. Demo, Berzerker, and Support have the best loadouts IMO, but every perk can be useful for patty provided you have a strategy.

Firebug still seems decidedly the worst, even with the husk gun. I'd rather run medic if I had to use the husk gun for wave 11.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
lol wuth?

Firebug is great!! he can spam fire all over the place. and if the patty is invisible, he will become visible to anyone that have him in eye range because of the after burn damage that is left flying around on pattys invisible body.

Commando "The Hunter" as I usually call him. if the patty desides to take of and heal, and a commando runs in a random direction! I will always follow him!! because then I have a big chance to spot the patty and interup his healing procsess! because commando can see patty when he is invisible!

if there is something that is useless... is a "berserker that have a full load out." but if the zerker have the katana only. (4kg) you can infact dodge Patriarch melee attacks and interrupt all his longrange attacks with a hit to the head!!

so if you have a berserker, teamed up with a firebug or commando. you are close to unbeatable...

only bad thing is. that they lack bit of power so it can be really hard using these classes to interupt patty heal.

Killing Floor: Patriarch vs Katana - YouTube

Upvote 0
I don't usually play berzerker, but crossbow + katana has always been my loadout for patty. There is no reason to use any other close range weapons with him other than katana if you are playing as berzerker. "6-man katanas only" works well on Hard but I've never successful got a group to kill the patty with it on higher difficulties. Still the damage resistances and move speed still allow the berzerker to be viable, particularly with a competent medic and ranged DPS.

Firebug hosing with flamethrower is basically strictly worse than M32 or AA12 spam and the little fire damage and extra time you see him typically doesn't outweigh this fact. Firebug might still be viable but seems strictly inferior.

Having a commando chase the patty also only works on smaller maps and easier difficulties because on harder difficulties it is harder to chase the Patriarch (cause of run speed bonuses) and harder to kill him solo (cause of heal bonuses). And if he does heal, then you are going to die very quickly without teammates. Overall the commando has better damage potential with his weapons but classes that can produce lots of damage quickly tend to fare better against the patriarch (and the husk cannon probably doesn't work because of the charge time).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You're forgetting that if there's a commando on the team, and he sees through the Patriarch's cloak, then everyone can see him as well. His entire body. And the SCAR is more powerful than you think.

Wait what? I don't think that's the case at all. Unless you are infering that if a commando can see and shoot at him all you have to do is shoot in that direction.

If there is a commando on the team I will shoot at what ever he's chasing as a rule.

Upvote 0
Firebug hosing with flamethrower is basically strictly worse than M32 or AA12 spam and the little fire damage and extra time you see him typically doesn't outweigh this fact. Firebug might still be viable but seems strictly inferior.

I will just copy paste changes from the latest patch.

*Burning specimen now burn with a smaller flame, making them less visually obstructive for your teammates. Good change for teamplay!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I will just copy paste changes from the latest patch.

*Burning specimen now burn with a smaller flame, making them less visually obstructive for your teammates. Good change for teamplay!
That has nothing to do with my post. What I was saying is that the flamethrower cannot deal as much damage as most tier three weapons and the burn damage and revealing the Patriarch with flames doesn't make the lower damage worthwhile.

@Spicy
Now try that with 6 firebugs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That has nothing to do with my post. What I was saying is that the flamethrower cannot deal as much damage as most tier three weapons and the burn damage and revealing the Patriarch with flames doesn't make the lower damage worthwhile.

@Spicy
Now try that with 6 firebugs.

hmm. thought that scar and Firebug had almost the same base dps after reload.

if you count in the afterburn damage for firebug.

Upvote 0
hmm. thought that scar and Firebug had almost the same base dps after reload.

if you count in the afterburn damage for firebug.

The burn damage doesn't deal all that much comparatively. The bigger deal is that the firebug gets better buffs (+60% damage, +60% larger tank, +30% faster reload) than commando (50%, 25%, 35% respectively). Since you rarely empty the entire tank, you get 274 damage per second (200 after reload). SCAR gets 563 after reload, and you can also quick swap and empty an AK mag into the Patriarch as well. And commando is hardly the best DPS perk.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I honestly can't stand the idea that a perk becomes entirely pointless at the end of a game. The Commando brings nothing to the Patriarch fight and I can't find any way he contributes.

Are you serious? A commando, either with a mic or a team that knows enough to follow him, pounds Patty. A commando that is stuck in the midset of fighting from a barricaded position (i.e. a room with welded doors) is useless. But a commando that is smart enough to follow Patty and keep in sites is invaluable to the team.

You do know that Patty healing himself can be interrupted, yes?

This guy's outlook is one of the reasons why I hate welding. Always sitting back and waiting is a playing style cultivated by welding.

Upvote 0
This guy's outlook is one of the reasons why I hate welding. Always sitting back and waiting is a playing style cultivated by welding.

welding can be good aswell. like standing in church in westlondon. if you weld 1 door. and let patty come inside the other door. and when he is inside, you have 1 teamate to weld the other door shut. while the others shoot the patty. now when patty will try to escape for heals. he wanna run outside to do so. but are unabled to do so because both doors are shut. and for doors. patty will use rocketlauncher to blow up the door. and a known fact about the rocky luncher is that it can be interrupted by either 1 berserker melee attack. or with tons of damage from some other perk.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0