• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Commander snatching

the voting thingy is seeming to be going sour, but i am liking some of this limitation stuff. perhaps if it was by how many hours you had played the game. ie you cant have commander till 50 hours played, you cant have smg till 5 hours played, you cant have sniper till 45 hours played, you cant have smgs till 10 hours played, sappers at 15. that just means that noobs have some intro time to the game before they can get down to grabbing an smg, least they would know how to use 1.

Upvote 0
Voting could be made lot of easiers that in BF, if you like to apply for commander and one of the special class, you simply vote for that position. Then others see from their hud who is applying for that position and votes for player who they see suitable. Two support votes and you will switch position between current player.

Here is example:

1. Ok, I see bad sniper in bad position doing nothing or just want to be sniper myself.
2. I decide vote myself for that position.
3. Other players see from their HUD that I am applying for sniper.
4. Other players can support vote for me if they want or apply sniper position them selves.
4. Who wins voting will become sniper (2 or more support votes.)
4. You can vote switch positions only once per game.
5. If I am still bad sniper other players can kick vote me out.

Upvote 0
No voting for anything just play.
If enough people say the commander ****s he should stand aside. Noobs need experience also just help them out if you lose you can always blame it on them I guess. Voting just takes to much time every time you look there will be a vote for something or whiners that really want sniper will spam vote till they get it. Either give commanders one clip in their SMGs or give them just a pistol+3 clips and an open slot and they can pick up the first gun they find. I Agree though that they should be leading assessing the situation and putting smoke down for assault. And for Gods sakes everyone should have a mic and use it often the team that communicates best usually wins, let everyone know what you see "Tank Left flank" can save alot of lives and move resources to confront the threat.

Upvote 0
haha, soooo true, in some cases two wrongs make a right in this game. if your objective is to WIN, and by doing something that is wrong, you can help your team(which is more important than any single component thereof) to win the game. so if it was by your actions that the game was won, then perhaps you were in the right to take your snipers rifle or your machine gunners mg?

Upvote 0
I was talking about this months ago but no one seemed that interested. I agree this is still a problem that gets under my skin:mad: Another issue I have is ( at least not in my experience) a squad "leader" who doesn't "lead" his team. I mean for christ sakes are you barking orders? no. Do you check your map and send defenders and attackers to cap zones? no. Do you hold back, survey your troops, ( binoculars are are not just for artty) ? no. Do you even call artty at all? Or how about that smoke? Do you require me to request it 10 times before you throw it 10 miles from the only friggen objective on the map? yes. I bet these are the same people talking out there ass about WW2 gaming. This is better and that is better....... blah blah blah and then they get in game and don't have a clue what there doing. A real BLING-A-LING, you know the guy, the ding-a-ling who wears fake jewelry too be cool.. BLING-A-LING HA! Maybe we should post the actual websters definition of "leader" If you don't know what your doing ask for christ sakes!

I'm sorry but that issue gets me going, If your not a thinker or it's just too hard to pat your head and rub your tummy at the same time, well you just tuck those balls in soilder and get your funky ass in there. Your probably gonna have to take one for the team!:rolleyes:

Without Malice:cool:

Upvote 0
There must be some way that the commander position can be made to look less like it were a naked women, who attracts all the noobs to her. i am extremely sick of people just saying "hey, i wana try the g41, or the ppd40", so they grab commander, and throw a total of 1 smoke nade, and call down a total of 0.0 arty strikes. now ive heard people say "you dont need the commanders position to command your men", yeah, thats true but it sure helps to have the commander position. when your the commander and actually acting like it you can assist your men with smoke.

anaways, the basic reason for this rant/idea, is to ask you people of the community, how do you suggest that we make the commander a less "GIMIE" of a position, so that people who want to command can have that position?

i would start with the suggestion that guns like the g41 or the ppd 40 should be REMOVED from the commander spot, for fudge sakes, those guns are considered inferior to later guns like the g43 and ppsh 41, so the commander would be getting the best weaponry possible!

anywhays, seeing as more brains is better, let me hear your ideas for ways to make the commander a position that noobs will NOT take just for the gun?

Don't forget the commander has double the capping power as a regular player, his role is vital, he needs to be doing his job with smoek and arty and getting in the zones. I agree, we get a lot of useless noobs as commanders, but I"ve seen a lot of noobs join as commander and try to learn. We shouldn't be changing the commander class to discourage noobs, we should be trying to help them learn the role and assume most of the commander and would be commanders are eager to get better at it. It is the occasional rotten apples that are ruining it. The game should not change for the idiots.

Upvote 0
twice the capping power really..man I gota read the manual.

"see, in rl, morons wouldent get promoted into these positions,"
interesting real life you live in. Lots of morons get to be squad leaders.
idiots that have no idea how to effectivly place smoke and not a hope in hell of calling in indirect fire.
Course in real life ww2 calling in indirect fire effectivly was alot more dificult then it is now or in the game.

Upvote 0
I gotta say the charme of the Leader as "ReplacementStormtropper" has been reduced greatly since he only has smoke grenades. Which is a good thing that keeps the noobs out who only pick the class for the automatic weapon.

Less ammo for the SMG, more ammo for the MG to drop would be another nice addition.

I'm not for a vote system, too many people on the servers who don't know how to vote or don't really care. But reducing the "combat quality" of the SL would help keeping people out who do not want to perform the real duties of the SL.

Upvote 0
twice the capping power really..man I gota read the manual.

"see, in rl, morons wouldent get promoted into these positions,"
interesting real life you live in. Lots of morons get to be squad leaders.
idiots that have no idea how to effectivly place smoke and not a hope in hell of calling in indirect fire.
Course in real life ww2 calling in indirect fire effectivly was alot more dificult then it is now or in the game.

This is very true, lots of leaders are morons in real life and so were many squad leaders in WW2 also, it only makes this game more realistic. When you have bad commander in game, you can allways blame that your commander lost his nerves when under fire or your squad leader was killed in combat and somebody was just taking his place :D

I like idea where players can promote somebody to squad leader position by voting, like it was in real WW2 also, very good soldiers were promoted to squad leaders and bad leaders are decended back to soldiers or court-martialed for their actions (kick vote).

Upvote 0
I was just playing a game a few minutes ago on basovka and im russian and we get the most worthless ommander ever. I keep asking the guy for arty and get no respons (or arty for that matter). So i ask him to change class still no respons. The guy just keeps getting killed by charging, not deplying smoke or arty and we lose the game. Then he acts all surprised that we lose. I was about to get a frikin burst of rage.

SOMETHING has to be done about these morons.
Personaly i would like to see that someone has to have atleast played the game for sometime before being able to chose either Commander/sniper/mg'er/(maybe even smger) Or mandatory training missions would also be great.

Upvote 0
Maybe a way to prevent people from picking commander for his weapons, is reduce the amount of ammo he has for his SMG, but he carries more MG ammo, so that he can be more helpful for MGers.

I'm kinda noob in the game ... i play since the old UT mod but i'm not as good fighter as more ather people :) so i consider myself an old noob :D

The idea to drop down the weapon efficiency of a leader sounds good and i aso like him\it as a supporter for MGunners ...

A little exam\practice\ training to achieve to be a squad leader (like suggested same as AA) also could be nice ...

It comes from experience to know the right spots where to protect ure men with smoke granades ...

What about same AA system to choose the new round class looking at score chart ... maybe only to choose leaders ... should it work?

Upvote 0