• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Combat Zone

|450|Devil

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 27, 2014
I am so sick of the Combat Zone - on one of today's map I moved to a position to protect my side's flank and three times I got the message that I was outside the combat zone (note: I was was off the map) - after moving rapidly back inside the "zone" for the third time I was killed by an opposition player who was outside the combat zone - obviously outside my combat zone but inside his zone. This is crap. The whole map should be available at all times otherwise it may as well be frontal charges by both sides where flanking tactics are not required - essentially WW1 and prior tactics!!!!!

Maybe it time to for me to revisit ARMA 3 etc

ps, I fully understand and agree with preventing spawn point camping - but surely it is possible to prevent this occurring without severely restricting flanking and other legitimate tactical responses.

I kind of see the point of them in most cases but would rather, if possible, have something physical on the map to prevent you getting to a place.

Maybe barbed wire? And when you are allowed to go to that area perhaps it explodes or something.

For one way traffic maybe something that needs to be jumped down but it is to high to climb up.

Upvote 0
agree, its the worst when you're defending and the attackers captured the objective and frontlines move up leaving you in combat zone... really dumb

Its too bad there isnt a check done for players already in the spawn zone when it becomes active to be immune rather than sprint to the rear and not make it or get shot in the back (TulaOutskirts does this in the trenches for defenders and it drives me mad)

If you enter the spawn zone after it is activated then I can understand its purpose

Upvote 0