• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

COH: Opposing Fronts

Well no-one expected MoH:Airborne to involve bird men liberating Europe, did they?

How about those "Nazi Storm Elite" guys with gasmask, black leather trenchcoat, party insigia on their sleeve and hipshootin with MG42s?

First time I saw them I wasn't able to decide should I laugh myself half to death or try to shoot back at those guys.

Besides, they looked like some poor wnb-rip-offs from RTCW.

Upvote 0
We tried to get out messages across to relic during the closed beta stage. But remember, "content closed" already.

;)

Played it too from day one. ( same with vCOH )

What really bothers me is, that i really, really looked forward to this. "team Automatch" and generaly some new sides to spice things up are a good thing.

But now even 1vs1 ranked is kinda borked. Despite the total lack of 2vs2 ranked.

Other stuff like bugged medic bunkers are only the top of the cake. I mean, they are crucial to any Wehrmacht T2 tactic.

Latly i can manage to funnel the PE Blob into some mines, and that works to some extend. But if every newb can build 2 inf-HT from PE and drive them in your HQ so freaking early that you dont have ANY chance as US player...something is rotten.

I think i wait for a whiole and play some here and there, but overall iam pretty disapointed.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Asd :D

But I mean it, those guys looked like some poor ripoffs from RTCW WSS Paranormal Division soldiers. But atleast RTCW is not pretending to be realistic and the ideas were quite original :p

No one is going to come up and be like, "When I was fighting the third reich our tanks had treads that were this high, not that high. You're spitting in my eye here!"

Or not to mention "I would have refused to go in the front if my late war tunic had less than six buttons in front!"

Upvote 0
From what I have read, the expansion for CoH is just a bunch of blob-on-blob typical RTS crap. I'll withhold purchasing it for the time being. "v"CoH was alright but could have had a lot of tweaking. I for one was happy how ****ty tactics usually meant getting your squad's *** handed to them by rushing down a machine gun nest only to get pinned and flanked afterwards. Angles taking part as a matter of how much damage they took (if any) was great too. The game was far from perfect and needed some adjustments.

As far as more people playing CoD, that does not make it a "better" game. Something being "better" because more people take part in it is a logical fallacy.

Upvote 0
A month gone I was working on a mod to deemphasize base construction and tiers and instead focus completely on commanding a company. Im a big fan of the Close Combat series and few games have managed to attain the same... perfection (design wise).. of those games. CoH cannot reach the level of no base building from what I could tell but I still think a mod which i had in mind might work. What I did manage to accomplish well enough was create squad types based on those found in CC with similar attributes: All squads had unique weapons load outs. For example a Combat Engineer squad had 9 Men armed with a Flamethrower, submachine guns and Garands, plus grenades and explosives... Very close to what the same squad would have in CC. In all I think I had about 10 or so squad types for the Americans alone (and this didnt even take into account Ranger or Airborne variants). These ranged from 3 Man Thompson armed teams, to good old Shock Infantry and Veteran rifles (armed with captured Jerry weapons). In the long run I planned to change weapon stats, movement abilities, command tree types and obviously how armor works (or rather doesnt work) in the standard game. My major obstacles were the buildings: the units still have to come from somewhere (not sure how many callin buttons this game can handle) and the population cap. It would have been easier if the game could support squad caps instead of individual soldier caps. I may take the project up again in a few months.

Upvote 0
Tank hunters are not tanks.

I was modding vCoH as well. I revamped all the squads to make them as they should be and gave them proper weapon loadouts. I also normalized everyone's HP to 80. No man can simply not die better than others..so I changed that. I also edited accuracy, RoF, and damage for all the guns. Rifle and MG rounds caused the same damage no matter where they were seen. THe sad thing is, the hull and coax tank MGs were doing 2 damage per shot while the HMG variants did almost 15. That's silly.

Upvote 0