• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Clown Cars are better than you think!

Look what they did with their BA-64:
BA_64_ATR.jpg

Upvote 0
Solo4114 said:
Great. Just what we need. The RO equivalent of "kubelfausting".

That's cheesy bull**** tactics, the moreso because we CAN'T do the same thing with putting infantry on tanks. If you could, then infantry could ride along and would've shot you to pieces before you got within 20 feet of the tank.

Personally, I see little use for the BA-64 in this game aside from the abovementioned tactic. If the thing's gonna be used in such an unrealistic fashion, and ONLY for that purpose, it should just be removed and replaced with the Zis truck.

Actually I use the vehicle to get infantry to where it is needed very fast. And it serves well in that regard when racing to an objective as it is so much faster than the German halftrack.

I have tried the tank assault suicide trick and it is a blast but very dangerous so if one does it they deserve the kill IMHO.

But this unbalances the game and I would really like to see the Germans get a similar vehicle and the Russians get the old RO 3.x utility truck back to help counter the halftrack in getting many more infantry from point A to point B.

Upvote 0
I find this interesting. A couple days ago on arad i'm in the south village and here comes a halftrack with a guy laying prone on top. He never got me but he was firing. I just thought ok, seems possible, but for a short distance or quick ride. Not blasting around the field at high speed or tactical. However,If a guy wants to jump on the back of a tank for a short ride, I got no problem with that. Personally, if a tank is moving slow enough, I'll follow behind on foot and use him for cover though I've heard guys ingame ask why can't I ride on the back of the tank.
I don't think anyone should be punished for thinking a little but it's a fine line between smart and stupidity.

Upvote 0
Well the problem is that the BA isn't great for transportation. I mean how else are you going to get your infantry without stacking them on top of the car. Especially since the maps don't have enough cars per infantry, so on maps like Arad the car surfing is useful. We had a contest the otehr day we got about 10 people piled ontop of one car, and we tried boarding ontop of the tanks (yes it's possible) and got blown up in the red mist of an HE shell :D.

Btw.

shot000070qq.jpg

shot000087rn.jpg

Upvote 0
I have no problem with using the car as an infantry transport. The Russians don't have any other options in that regard (which I'd prefer to see remedied). And to be honest, most of the time the halftracks aren't used in an infantry support role anyway.

What I have a problem with is people hopping in or on the car with satchels just to zip up right next to a tank and blow them up. THAT is the bull**** tactic. Moving infantry to the front is just fine by me.

Although I would still prefer the old Zis truck to come back for the Russians and/or that the Germans get something like an Sdkfz 221 or 222 to counter the BA-64

Upvote 0
Solo4114 said:
Yeah, that'd REALLY help the balance on that map. Only thing I'd be worried about is that it'd overbalance things for the Russians. Could be problematic. But that map needs something because the Russians are just screwed on it.

I've played as Allies many times on that map and won. But as I said on another thread, if the Axis side has good team players and the Allies don't, the allied players will never make it out of spawn.

Upvote 0
Heinz said:
god awful gamey crap. many servers would kick you for such cheesey, unrealistic play. I know I would. freakin' clown car jerks. break out the ban hammer, I say! :D

Haha i know this is irrelevant but the first time i say this tactic being used was on the RTR server, by a fellow named Mr. Stabby. It was hella fun to watch and even more so to read wat Stabby would say while doing it. Good times.

Upvote 0
I think the idea of putting a BA64 on Odessa is great and would really improve the map. It doesn't overbalace things because it will have a hard time moving up the street quickly because of all the barriers and obstacles so people will use it as infantry support. Loadouts wouldn't need to be tweaked because the BA64 can get blown up by grenades or even small arms fire if they hit it enough. I don't even think you could spawn camp effectively because it would take forever to manouver down the streets and if you get that close the Germans will just grenade it to pieces.

Upvote 0
Lt. Winters said:
Haha i know this is irrelevant but the first time i say this tactic being used was on the RTR server, by a fellow named Mr. Stabby. It was hella fun to watch and even more so to read wat Stabby would say while doing it. Good times.
this is kinda irrelevant too, but dude, i was satcheling with stabby on RTR that day. i came up with a tag for the clown car surfers while we did it.

CCCP
Clown Car Certified People

scrub away the shame with a BA64. JOIN US:p

now on a seriious note, i know its kind of a bs tactic, but it just adds an element of occasional unrealistic goofy fun to the game. i mean it IS a game. i dont do it every time im on a map with ba64's, but its really fun every now and then to just hop on a Clown car with like 3 other people and drive through the tanks throwing satchels, or doin other bs.

AGTMADCAT said:
I've always found that hitting a moving clown car at medium-short range to be pretty easy (Unless you're in like a tiger, with its painfully slow transverse), and having a hull gunner basically eliminated the threat that this tactic poses...
im also inclined to agree here. its not as if its an insanely overused and insanely sucessful tactic. there are ways to combat it, and if there is a way to effectively combat it, then i honselty dont see the probleme with it.

Upvote 0
you can prone on tanks. its fun. i love holding my SVT and shooting any fausties as they try sneak up on out IS2 on konig. Or when i hop on top of a moving tiger and wait for the churman to pop his head out and splat his brains:D. thats fun.

I don't see much problem with it. one faust can easily get on a moving clown car. and if its loaded with ruskies then their all dead. its a agmey tactic that isisn't very effective to be honest. I don't see why everyone hates it so much.

Upvote 0