• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

CLASSIC mode attachments/unlocks?!

utek

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
Slovenia
i hope that this time,we Classic players,don't get screwed over again,in RISING STORM with bayonets always ON,or BAR bipod always ON,and same for all other weapons...let us choose if we want attachments or not :)

i suggest something like this for the Thomson smg in RS classic mode:

20 rounds mag.version(light) you get:
-2 grenades
6x20=120 of ammo
-slightly less sway as the 30 version (because of the weight)

30 rounds mag.version(normal) you get:
-1 grenade
4x30=120 of ammo
-sway as it is,normal

50 rounds drum version(heavy)
-1 grenade
2(or 3)x50=100(150) of ammo
-slightly more sway as the 30 version (because of the weight)

so this way we get 3 "balanced" versions,instead of only 1 weapon version in classic mode.and you balance even more,the better us weaponry...and you get rid of grenade spam.

same for the bayonets,add slightly more weapon sway if you choose the bayonet ON version.

...and so on,for all other weapons.

what do you think? yes,no!?

Last edited:
These changes should be made to the base game aswell.

Not sure about bayos, didn't the japs have bayonets on all their weapons? (even the MG?) Other than that I assume if you want to choose the bar bipod or the drum mag or not, the more sway and less ammo sounds nice though.
yes they had bayonets on all their weapons,but still give us a way to take them of.

and yes this is why we need disadvantages/downsides,because who will take the 50 rounds drum MG34 in RO2 if he can have a 250 rounds ammo belt with no disadvantages!?!:rolleyes:

i have also similar ideas for the base HoS Classic mode,see here:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=8961

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i hope that this time,we Classic players,don't get screwed over again,with bayonets always ON,or BAR bipod always ON,and same for all other weapons...let us choose if we want attachments or not :)

as for the Tommy gun,if the 50 rounds drum is in the game,implement some disadvantages/ downsides if you choose the drum version and not the mag version.
maybe something like this :
-only 1 grenade
-less ammo,only 2 drums,so a total of 100 rounds VS.the mag. version 5x30(or is it 20?)=150 rounds
-slightly more weapon sway

same for the bayonets,add slightly more weapon sway if you choose the bayonet ON version.

...and so on,for all other weapons.

what do you think? yes,no!?
I just have to quote this. Do you want to punish people and add unrealistic elements to the game because they have a "better" weapon attatchment like the 150 rnd drummag? More weapon sway? Drummag or no the Thompson SMG still fires the same round and shouldn't have worse accuracy/sway. I believe that the player should carry as much ammo as the real troops did. NOT to base it on what you believe is a balanced loadout. I say, realism before some COD style nerf "balance". The only thing I agree with you on is that the bayonet adds extra weight to the front of the gun which affects the sway/accuracy. Which also reminds me of RO 1 when we had the ability to choose to take on and off the bayonet during combat. It was GREAT to be able to adjust your weapon from close to long range during one life. Say if I were to spawn near an enemy held building and wanted to get in close and personal I'd mount my bayonet, and if I after the close encouter in the building I were facing enemies 150 metres away I'd take off my bayonet because I wouldn't need it. WHY WAS THIS REMOVED?! When Tripwire grew they lost some of their great ideas.

Upvote 0
I just have to quote this. Do you want to punish people and add unrealistic elements to the game because they have a "better" weapon attatchment like the 150 rnd drummag? More weapon sway? Drummag or no the Thompson SMG still fires the same round and shouldn't have worse accuracy/sway. I believe that the player should carry as much ammo as the real troops did. NOT to base it on what you believe is a balanced loadout. I say, realism before some COD style nerf "balance". The only thing I agree with you on is that the bayonet adds extra weight to the front of the gun which affects the sway/accuracy.

Just as a general rule, adding more weight to a weapon does make it more difficult to hold steady on target for a length of time. It should, however, actually make recoil slightly more controllable.

Drums are also much more awkward to load and carry.

There are perfectly realistic elements that naturally do limit the utility of a drum magazine. After all, there's a reason why the Marines didn't outfit all of their soldiers with 50-round drum magazines--it might be production costs, it might be feeding issues, but it might also be their clunkiness compared to the relative ease of carrying multiple 30-round box magazines.

Upvote 0
Just as a general rule, adding more weight to a weapon does make it more difficult to hold steady on target for a length of time. It should, however, actually make recoil slightly more controllable.

Drums are also much more awkward to load and carry.

There are perfectly realistic elements that naturally do limit the utility of a drum magazine. After all, there's a reason why the Marines didn't outfit all of their soldiers with 50-round drum magazines--it might be production costs, it might be feeding issues, but it might also be their clunkiness compared to the relative ease of carrying multiple 30-round box magazines.

Drum magazines aren't awkward to carry. I own a Ppsh-41 drum magazine with a carry pouch which you just have on your belt. Sure loaded it weigh more but you still have alot of more ammo than a 30 round magazine. It's better than having to reload as often in battle as you must do with the 30 round magazine. The Thompson drum magazines ratteled when you ran around with them and they wouldn't feed if they got a dent in them, which were some big factors why they didn't make them compatible with the M1a1.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It was GREAT to be able to adjust your weapon from close to long range during one life. Say if I were to spawn near an enemy held building and wanted to get in close and personal I'd mount my bayonet, and if I after the close encouter in the building I were facing enemies 150 metres away I'd take off my bayonet because I wouldn't need it.

Except for the fact that the MN91/30 is more accurate with the bayonet attached because it was sighted with one on (and removing/attaching them is known to be notoriously hard as they were made to fit very snuggly). So taking it off really doesn't make much sense, unless you were in a vehicle or something :p

Upvote 0
I agree with the general consensus of this thread, but was just thinking...

Should the BAR be treated like the MG-34 and DP-28, or should it be fireable from the standing position like an SMG?

While it's not that much lighter than the DP-28, I don't feel that it's that difficult to fire unsupported, IRL. It was also not intended as a crew-served weapon.

Upvote 0
I agree with the general consensus of this thread, but was just thinking...

Should the BAR be treated like the MG-34 and DP-28, or should it be fireable from the standing position like an SMG?

While it's not that much lighter than the DP-28, I don't feel that it's that difficult to fire unsupported, IRL. It was also not intended as a crew-served weapon.

I think how it was modeled in DH would work just as well here.

Upvote 0