• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad Clans - Why did you join one?

There's just nothing like practicing a strat with a bunch of good folks, and then getting into a large, tactical match against a group of players who've practiced just as hard as you.

I helped run a clan in DoD (sng0), but after I ported myself over to RO, I knew this was the game for me. I lurked for about a 6 months, playing on the tough servers and getting to know the folks, but keeping my mouth shut as I figured out the game. Eventually, I was accepted into CoR.

Played real hard with them for a year, dropped out and spent a season playing BFE, and then found the perfect group of guys with [-I-].

It's a Cinderella story, but with more explosions. :D

Upvote 0
Yea after I joined a group the womens just can't seem to help themselves.
I get chased down the street by them daily because they seem to somehow inherently know of my videogame prowess and just get sooooo hot over the tag in front of my name.

No seriously, I joined a group cause the KHSG fellas are among the coolest cats I've known online and its always a blast playing with or against them..fair /talented,team oriented players, not too serious of an attitude and really easy to get along with..its more of a real commeraderie buddy typa thang.

Upvote 0
Most of my team-mates and i have known each other for quite awhile...we started playing together since vCod..then played Cod:uo and CS:source. Clans just add more to the gaming experience. Its more fun and more challenging to play other well organized/talented teams in scrims and matches, then playing on pub-servers all the time. It makes the games more inter-active in that you can hang out/talk to other players via Ventrilo or TS and communicate various strategies while in battle.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I joined one under the impression there were more people in it. [13th]Butcher and I were playing on donets in 1.0 and he said "hey youre pretty good. want to join my clan?". I accepted, and shortly after found out we were a 2 man team lol. After about a month he transferred ownership to me and dissapeared so I did what I could with the help of Gren and Pio, and here we are. :D

Upvote 0
I started online gaming with RTCW and managed to join one failing clan after another. Eventually started losing interest in the game, but found out that a long established Wolfenstein team !Perfect Target! were forming a CoD UO squad. I helped build that up, ended up running it and joining PT is the best thing I did for enjoyable online gaming. Been around for about 3 years and not about to crumble like the majority of teams out there.

Upvote 0