• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Christmas Patch

Christmas Patch

• We need a patch

Votes: 53 55.2%
  • We don't need a patch

Votes: 43 44.8%

• Total voters
This and that..

I've sent 7 crash reports today and a bunch yesterday and the day before, and last week and months.
And I guess all the other players on the servers have too.
So its not like I'm living in LaLa land with a crappy PC or connection, in fact its quite the opposite.

As for running smooth as Ice.. It was before the last patch.

I have 1200+ hours in the game so of coerce want Tanks and other contents.
But they must fix all the old bugs before adding new ones AND spend some time on optimizing the engine.

Upvote 0
This and that..

I've sent 7 crash reports today and a bunch yesterday and the day before, and last week and months.
And I guess all the other players on the servers have too.
So its not like I'm living in LaLa land with a crappy PC or connection, in fact its quite the opposite.

As for running smooth as Ice.. It was before the last patch.

I have 1200+ hours in the game so of coerce want Tanks and other contents.
But they must fix all the old bugs before adding new ones AND spend some time on optimizing the engine.

I'm sure you've done this, but if I start to experience several crashes like you describe, I go to validate my files and usually find a couple are out of wack. Granted it hasn't happened to me lately, but you never know...

Upvote 0
I just came back from another crash and its NOT just me but everybody on the server..
If it was only 1 server I'd know where to put the blame but it happens on several servers, All 64 players.
I talked to lots of the guys there, especialy today and they all confirm having the same problem on multiple servers.

Pavlov's House and RedOctoberFactory seams to be the worst.
I played campaign a few hours ago. ( TWB Campaign server. )
Both teams where down too ca 50 on Combat power and almost even on territory.
When Fallenfighters loaded we all crashed out, tried to rejoin but crashed again.
almost 2 hours of great battle and then no finale .
It was after that I wrote the first post here.

RO2 is a beautiful and awesome game, if it wasn't I would not spend so much time playing it.
But this game is poorly optimized and its pretty obvious if you play on 64 servers.

Before the last patch I hardly ever submitted a crash report but I must have sent at least 50 since then.

Again.. I'm not the only one experiencing this, its everybody on the server.

So who's to blame for this.. Servers? Tripwire? or Both?

I think its Both and they can solve it by setting max players to 52
Or they can spend a moment on making the game utilize our hardware more.
I for one have 60% doing nothing for this game and that's CPU & GPU & RAM

@Moe: I've done that and pretty much everything you can do with this game and the UE3 engine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Never had a crash or at least not a RO exe has ceased to function type crash.

Server related crashes now and again but that is most often a server side problem and on map change.
If it is a game problem then I'm sure that TW are looking into it after all the logs they have received but pulling a patch out of the hat for Christmas is not something that could be voted into place.
No vote.

Upvote 0
Other than map loading times (which I expect to be long, given how much the game needs to load) I haven't had any problem with running RO2. I could get behind fixing tank collision mechanics so I can drive around without being worried about getting caught on rocks and trees.

You can tweak your game that it loads faster....:)

Upvote 0