• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Chivalry: Battle for Agatha

Maybe they need a Client Side Hit Detection Mod ;)

The problem wasn't so much the hit detection but randomly warping 500 m.

I think the current is the buggiest so far and it seems that people (especially in Team Last Standing) are complete idiots. For example I had a game recently where 3 (!) Men-at-Arms were hiding in a wall on Ruins. This completley destroyed the game because if the time runs out before a team was wiped out its a draw!

Also I got all the unlocks done, still itiching for more but I guess I only will play with friends now or wait for new content. Btw I played this more than Bf3 (60 vs 40 hours).

Upvote 0
Why would one want to play 64 player Chivalry is beyond me.

Probably because it better represents a large-scale battle.

I would....

And yeah, I still haven't gotten the game yet (waiting for Christmas when I get my new video card and the game)..... but venturing through their forums, most new threads seem to span 2-3 pages within an hour or two..... there's a lot of activity in the community... it's certainly a thriving game.

Which is pretty good to see considering the company and game are just starting off in the retail area of gaming... they certainly hit the mark, despite any glitches or problems they may have with the game.

But hey... that's to be expected coming from an Indie company with their first real retail game..... on the Unreal 3 Engine..... sounds familiar. ;) (with the exception that RO2 isn't TW's first retail game, but first on the U3E)

Just looking at the Steam Stats right now and Chivalry is one spot above Killing Floor. RO2 isn't even on the board any more.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
2012-12-11_00001-1.jpg

Greatswoooooooooord!!!!

(the Mason with the Battleaxe was slain moments later)

Upvote 0
2012-12-11_00001-1.jpg

Greatswoooooooooord!!!!

(the Mason with the Battleaxe was slain moments later)
You killed Oberyn Martell, nooooooooo :mad:
I once killed three guys in one fist punch, but one of them was a teammate :D

And about 64 players, I think it can be fun, but only on LTS on that open field map. Shame it makes the pings go sky high, so it isn't very playable for me.

Upvote 0
I hate archers in the game, not as in "I don't want them in the game" hate but more like "I want to kill every single archer for shooting me from a distance in a game that's all about melee combat".

The title is "Medieval Warfare" not "Melee Warfare"... Archers were a big part of the combat back in those days.

If it was supposed to be all about Melee, than they better get rid of all those throwing weapons like the axes and javelins ;)

Upvote 0
The title is "Medieval Warfare" not "Melee Warfare"... Archers were a big part of the combat back in those days.

If it was supposed to be all about Melee, than they better get rid of all those throwing weapons like the axes and javelins ;)

Yea but you only get like 2 axes to throw anyway, I know archers were a big part of medieval combat and I probably would've hated them in those days too!

Upvote 0
I love playing an archer, he is very quick. You can always win against a knight with a big hammer, his swings are so slow you can easily duck and stab him twice while he recovers from the swing.
The main thing I hate about archers it that their tiny toothpick sword can somehow parry massive weapons like war hammers or claymore swords. It really kills the immersion when they are able to parry like that.

Upvote 0
The main thing I hate about archers it that their tiny toothpick sword can somehow parry massive weapons like war hammers or claymore swords. It really kills the immersion when they are able to parry like that.

I like to imagine it as a dodge rather than a parry and the dagger was only used as a distraction.

Upvote 0