• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Cheat Code Central "Best World War Games"

Oh wow that takes me back... Playing silent service 2 i think on my Amiga along with another microprose title apache gunship..

Heh i used to waste hours devouring every last page in those manuals that came with the game..

What i wouldnt do to go back to those days of no job/wife/kids/mortgate etc etc to worry about :)

Upvote 0
I was lucky and got to play Day of Defeat from the very first release. Was the greatest WW2 mod I ever played.

DOD is kinda still around, I check servers every so often, but most are bots. Tons of weapons, had a massive custom content database during the golden years.

oh yeah me too. Do you remember, the first beta when on this map DoD_Snowtown ....all they germans spawned in the air or on the roof sometimes. LOL That was hilarious.

Upvote 0
Am I mistaken, or are some of those screenshots from Ostfront?

But, as for input, RO1 should be nearer to the top, IMHO. Silent Service used to keep me up for hours, and I hope to see Silent Hunter 3 in there somewhere. I would hope one of the decent COD games (1 or 2) will be in there rather than World at War.

I'll doubt silent hunter 3 will be on the list. The dynamic campaign was something new for its time, but it got kinda repetetive after the 10th time. And Silent Hunter II had more german subs. And if you had Destroyer command you could play against silent hunter II players. Oh that were the days. :)

Upvote 0
thumbnail.aspx

Game+Heroez+-+Commandos+2+men+of+courage.jpg

WHAT! No love for Commandos!? :eek:

Upvote 0