• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server CHat Filter

Cryhme187

May 30, 2017
Is there any chat filter built into the Rising Storm 2 Dedicated software? I have found a modification for the UT2003 server software but i'm not a fan of modding the rs2 server and its admin panel for better maintainability.

What's needed:
- (Multiple) Chat filter based on defined words in config/webadmin
- Rules based on each filter (Session Ban, Kick, Ban)

In the web admin, go to General > Chat and you will see a box with Censor words. It almost always has:
ipsmlorum1
ipsmlorum2
ipsmlorum3

Just reword those or add your censors at the bottom.

Or you could just edit ROGame.ini:

[ROGame.ROBroadcastHandler]
ChatFilterList=ipsmlorum1
ChatFilterList=ipsmlorum2
ChatFilterList=ipsmlorum3

Don't know if any rules that you can apply. It will simply put *** in place of the censored work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Did you blacklist Nig or "Nigger"? I just want to blacklist some german and english swearwords but not as restrictive as you have mentioned above.

The RS2 community seems to be very different from the RO2 one and swearing, sometimes, goes to far on my server. I usually kick these people and ban them on their second offense but i and my team can not be there 24/7.

Upvote 0
Cat_in_da_Hat;n2296051 said:
I remember a great chat filter that would let the admin replace censored words with others.
Resulted in some pretty funny results and got the problem sorted.

I would love to this in our new Rising Storm 2 server. The RS 2 community is pretty cancerous and we had to censor some racist words. Anyway we can replace the "N" word with another word like "flowers". for example?

Upvote 0
The existing chat filter should work just fine, but it's looking for the character sequence and ignoring leading/trailing characters, to prevent people being "clever" and doing things like "xNigx" to get around the filters. From memory though, to answer some of the above questions, it shouldn't be trying to extrapolate from the full word to a trimmed version. I would assume he has had to have had "nig" in the list rather than the full word. If someone can provide evidence of that not being the case then we can look, but I'd be very surprised to be honest. :/

Upvote 0