• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Cc On Ro Server.

[BW-UK]NorS

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 29, 2007
MIGHT BEE STUPID QUESTION BUT- Was Wondering- Can I Just Upload Animations,sounds, System Maps,meshes And Tex Files.. Puth Ewery Thing Where It Shuld Bee And Thats It , Or Do I Nead Some Thing More To Runn CC On Regular Ro Server?
huh.gif
I WANT TO KEEP BOUTH....!

GUESS SOMETHING MUST BEE ADDED TO INI.FILE TO THOW.

IS IT EWEN POSIBLE TO RUNN BOUTH SAIM TIME??

LETS SAY WE ARE PLAYING ARAD, THEN PUBLICK USE VOTINGLIST AND VOTE FOR CC MAPS? SERVER SWAPING MAP AND THATS IT MIGHBEE?

Last edited:
I have been following the directions in the manual to set up my server. I can not find this in my .ini. Is there a tutorial?

Pre-requisits
For vanilla RO it is suggested to have a GameType switch in the commandline that starts the server.
This looks something like this (all in one line):
ucc server
RO-Konigsplatz.rom?deathmessagemode=3
?FriendlyFireScale=1
?FFPunishment=1
?PreStartTime=60
?RoundLimit=3
?WinLimit=2
?TimeLimit=0
?FFKillLimit=3
?FFDamageLimit=300?VACSecure=true
?game=ROEngine.ROTeamGame
?MinPlayers=0
-log=ServerLog.log

See the red line? You need to remove that. It’s not needed to specify that in the commandline, it can
be done in the ini too. With it removed it also allows us to set the defaultgametype on the fly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
the line in question is not in the ini, its the line actually starting the server.
You could try without those changes, someone mentioned it works without that change too.

I did it without the changes. But you have to leave the gametype on ROCC. It doesn't seem to change on the fly. When I had the gametype on RO and I tried to vote for the CC Ardon map and I got the map, but I was a tanker and spawned in the town of Ardon instead of at first defence. When I went all the the way to first defence their were no tanks. On Chisinau you spawn in the proper place but there are no tanks.

So I set the game type to be ROCC and everything works on CC and RO.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I contacted my host company and they made the change. It messed up everything. When I didn't have the change everything worked fine. Once the change was made, I lost my Death messages and FF punishment. It set them to "none". I looked in the .ini and they are set for DM_All and FFP_Kick. I looked in the webadmin and they are set just like in the .ini. But when you play the game (RO or CC) they are disabled.

It also does not seem to change the game type on the fly. When you are playing under gametype Red Orchestra and the Arad map, for example. Then you vote for Ardon, it stays on gametype Red Orchestra and you spawn in places other than where you should and the tanks are missing.
If you go from a CC map to a RO map it stays on CC game type, but doesn't seem to be a problem.

My understanding is that the gametpye should change on its own depending on the map voted. So, if I am in RO gametype and playing Arad, then the map ends and we vote for Ardon. I should be able to look in the webadmin and see that the gametype has changed from RO to CC. This does not happen.

I do not know what the problem is. It worked fine until I had the change to the command line done. They have checked it a number of times and have assured me it was done as directed by the manual provided in the CC file.I sent them a copy of it.

Upvote 0
read the manual you are most likely missing the copy your RO settings and paste it and rename the header to the cc names.

As I said, I did it as directed in the manual. I already pasted the settings and renamed them CC and it is in the .ini. I also still have the RO settings. Both settings are an exact copy also, I did not change them I wanted CC and RO to work the same as far as the rules are concered. It worked fine until the command line change. Which the server host says is set exactly as instructed in the manual.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just had them set my command line to....

RO-Arad.rom?deathmessagemode=3?game=CCEngine.CCTeamGame?MaxPlayers=40?MinPlayers=0 log=ServerLog.log multihome=xx.xx.xxx.xx

and havent any problems yet.

Echo, check your serverlog.log in your system directory and post what your command line is.

Upvote 0
I just had them set my command line to....

RO-Arad.rom?deathmessagemode=3?game=CCEngine.CCTeamGame?MaxPlayers=40?MinPlayers=0 log=ServerLog.log multihome=xx.xx.xxx.xx

and havent any problems yet.

Echo, check your serverlog.log in your system directory and post what your command line is.

Init: Command line: ro-arad.rom?game=CCEngine.CCTeamGame?deathmessagemode=3?FriendlyFireScale=1?FFPunishment=1?FFDamageLimit=300?VACSecure=true?FFKillLimit=3?TimeLimit=0?WinLimit=2?RoundLimit=3?PreStartTime=60?PreStartTime=60?MinPlayers=0?MaxPlayers=32 ini=RedOrchestra.ini multihome=x.xx.xx.xx port=xxxx

Upvote 0
Init: Command line: ro-arad.rom?game=CCEngine.CCTeamGame?deathmessagemode=3?FriendlyFireScale=1?FFPunishment=1?FFDamageLimit=300?VACSecure=true?FFKillLimit=3?TimeLimit=0?WinLimit=2?RoundLimit=3?PreStartTime=60?PreStartTime=60?MinPlayers=0?MaxPlayers=32 ini=RedOrchestra.ini multihome=x.xx.xx.xx port=xxxx

:confused: Mmmmm. Tell them to put it back to normal? I dont know if all that crap is needed. I showed you mine and my server seems to be working......for now. I think some of that can go. You set the round, timelimit and win limit in the web admin. I dunno. Sorry. Hell, have em try what I gave you.

Upvote 0
:confused: Mmmmm. Tell them to put it back to normal? I dont know if all that crap is needed. I showed you mine and my server seems to be working......for now. I think some of that can go. You set the round, timelimit and win limit in the web admin. I dunno. Sorry. Hell, have em try what I gave you.

I am ahead of you, I told them to set it back to the way it was and I will start from scratch.

Upvote 0