• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Cartoon/Anime thread.

List what cartoon/animes you love, add a short description and reason why you love it

Also, if you feel like it... what cartoon/anime you HATE... and why

Cartoons/Anime's that I love

-Family Guy (cartoon representing an average american family, dark/stupid/violent/offensive humour, makes fun of everyday situations, makes fun of basically... everything)

-Futurama (Same makers as Simpsons, Cartoon making fun of a future earth, very creative, stupid humour, offensive material is very limited, some episodes are very clever)

-Kenshin (Anime about the end of the Shogun regime, begining of the Democratic government called the Meji. Story of an assassin known as Battosai the manslayer who has sworn off killing.) VERY ADDICTIVE SERIES with an excellent story.

After watching those episodes, there are 4 episodes of the past that one must watch... very bloody tho.

Cartoons/Animes that I HATE

-Bevis and butthead.
It has its humour... but its simply not my kind of humour.
I just can not STAND watching 2 degenerates be such stupid idiots... I have zero tolerance for Such idiots...

-Aqua Teen Hunger force...
I think its some crappy cracked out Canadian cartoon... very poor animation...
Its about a living ball of meat, a living soda and a living pack of fries ???
Characters are just retarded... cartoon is really stupid in my opinion...

Personally, I am absolutely addicted to Anime's
I think the ideas, animations, stories are FAR SUPERIOR then regular cartoons... but one must watch 10 to 26 to 95 to 265 episodes ... sometimes you can throw in movies that continue the episodes... so... its time consuming and stories take time to go somewere...

Feel free to add some goodies

Family Guy, best animated TV show ever.

Anything by Studio Ghibli. Those guys simply rox0rz

I dunno, south park and family guy are tied neck and neck for the best animated TV show ever.

Simpsons is just sad nowadays...

And i have a taste for the desireably retarded cartoons... Aqua Teen, 12 oz. Mouse, Moral Orel, hell i just love em cause they're so damn stupid.

Upvote 0
LOVE

South Park - Real World issues played out in the 4th grade playground. Moments of absolute brilliance!

Family Guy - Very funny and written by the greatest aquatic mamilian writers on earth (see above show).

Simpsons - Classic.

Samurai Champloo - The Baseball episode was one of the funniest things I ahve ever seen. PLenty of other cool episodes as well.

HATE

GATNZ - This ****ed so badly I actually had papers pulled off my table and into the television. On and on they would babble about the moral quams of killing the big honking monster that is tearing people in two. Eventually there is some hot babe action but by the time you get to it nothing can save the series. Interesting concept but horribly executed. We were forced to watch it in much the same way you slow down to look at a horrible accident.

Upvote 0
South Park, Cowboy Bebop, Fullmetal Alchemist, Simpsons (from 1995 to 1999, when it was actually funny), Ghost in the Shell, Nu Pogodi!, Studio Ghibli productions, Excel Saga, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Mahoromatic, Full Metal Panic!, Akira, Azumanga Daioh (possibly the funniest ducking anime ever?), Elfen Lied, Trigun, Hedgehog in the Fog (Soviet Spirited Away), Alfred J. Kwak, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1987 animation (not the new 2003 crap), Super Mario Super Show...

Hates:

The Family Guy, all other Hanna-Barbera cartoons except The Flintstones and The Jetsons, crappy disney cartoons (where's the ingenuity of Der F

Upvote 0
Anime = Fail.

When I was in high school and college, I really liked anime... a lot.

I actually got a chance to watch a LOT of it at my local "anime" clubs after college, and then realized that most of it is utter garbage, and the rest of it is completely identical.

Same characters, same themes, same story plots (could we PLEASE have another story about a fantasy world with ancient technology?).

Every once in a while, there's a decent movie. There's one particular director who does movies that are pretty good (he's ridiculously famous in Japan). I saw a few of his movies when TMC ran them last year. Some of them were decent. (Castles in the sky was one).

The rest is total crapola. Not that I'd single out Anime because 99% of the American shows and movies are a total waste of time too.

As for the best cartoons ever, you simply cannot get better than the old warner bros cartoons by I. Freiling and Chuck Jones. I still bust out laughing watching those. Some of Tex Avery's stuff is pretty damn hilarious as well.

The Simpsons was a very good (and funny) show back in the 90's. It has run it's course however. Family Guy and South Park have picked up the slack, but are pretty hit and miss. Starting with about Season 3-10, the Simpsons was awesome pretty much non-stop. Not many other shows can say that.

Adult Swim's cartoon linup is pretty good. I liked Harvey Birdman (which just ended), Futurama (which Fox managed to kill :rolleyes: ), and the Venture Brothers is pretty hilarious. I also like Robot Chicken, even though it's not technically a cartoon.

Upvote 0
Hehe, let me tell you, Cartoons are the unemployed's best freind! only thing on telly worth watching till evening comes (no really, the rest of morning-afternoon TV is just talk-shows and soaps!).

I love cartoons, so naming the ones i like would be a serious task.. so i'll just name my absolute favorites:

Futurama
Simpsons
Family Guy
American Dad
Southpark
Invader Zim

Upvote 0
Onion? where are you?
I dont watch cartoons.;)
Yeah yeah I'm here now.
Obligatory lolz animu picture
1a004d4b39699ab312f4fb6bba70edaa.jpg

Ok lets see, American cartoons

I enjoy southpark and futurama, and since I never really watch TV anymore I watch those on the internet:D

On to Animu, oh god, the list could go on and on, Im such a weeaboo.
-Azumanga Daioh - my first "real" anime, spork got me into all of this :p Its basically about a bunch of schoolgirls doing stuff.

-[FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Bokusatsu Tenshi[/SIZE][/FONT] Dokuro-chan - literally translates to beat to death angel dokuro chan lol. short, but full of laughs anime. Angels from the future trying to prevent the main character from creating a pedophiles world when he gets older.

-One Piece - nice anime anyone can enjoy, more traditional type pirates.

-Black Lagoon - One of my favorites right now, modern day pirates ftw!

-The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - I can't help but love this show. Its just so much fun.

-Bartender - yep, a show about a bartender, he tends a bar.

-Great Teacher Onizuka - Great classic anime, about a former bike gang member who becomes a teacher, good times to be had here.

-Pumpkin Scissors - my real guilty pleasure anime, because it has TANKS! Its set kind of post WW1 world. Has a mysterious guy who used to be in a suicide anti tank unit that got up to point blank range and used large calibur pistols to take out tanks.:D Too bad the plot takes forever to get anywhere sometimes.

-Evangelion - Just watched it because everyone talks about it (zomg teh Rei!) Too much ANGST, and I want to kill the main character at the end for ****ing so much.

And since we are on the topic of animu, I might as well list the manga I've read.

-Azumanga daioh - my first manga as well, the show was based upon this serise of 4 panneled comics that appeared in a japanese magazine.

-Yotsubato! - Done by the same guy as azumanga, [SIZE=-1]Kiyohiko Azuma, Curse you for turning me weeaboo!!!

-Tigers covered with mud & The return of hans - I already made a thread about these two, created by [/SIZE]Hayao Miyazaki, about german tank soldiers during WW2, made for a magazine that sells military model kits.

-Churuya-san - A little fan manga that spawned from a character in Haruhi, its in the same 4 pannel style as azumanga, features smoked cheese!

And since this is the anime/cartoon thread i can post whatever weeaboo images I want to accompany my post?
Edit for pics of everything yay!

Azumanga
azutennis_wallpaper.jpg

Yotsubato!
yotsubato.jpg

Dokuro chan
bokusatutenshidokuro-chan.jpg

Black Lagoon (2 picture bonus lol)
bl02-01.jpg

1155635284709.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Continued, dang image limit

Haruhi
haruhi-thumb.jpg

Great Teacher Onizuka
Manga cover, couldnt find anything else showing all characters
1591821428.jpg

Bartender
bar1.png

bar2.png

Edit: longest post I've ever made on the internet ever, and looking at its content, I feel like a weeaboo, I'm going to go read some yotsubato and make myself feel better.

Upvote 0
my soul was almost ****ed out of me by those big, no Huge eyed freaks.
Why do some of anime characters have eyes the size of dinner plates?

anime shows i used to watch.

Cowboy bebop + movie
few of the good Gundam shows--NOT GUNDAM WING

Cartoons
Venture Bros
Family guy
southpark

The good thing is i blew up my tell lie vision with a crudely made batch of c4.

Upvote 0
Ghost in the Shell: (movies and series) Aimed towards adults through great story and philosophical content. It actually requires attention to catch story and understand.

Ah man, I forgot to mention that one, I liked ghost in the shell alot.

Also if you want to try out yotsubato, here is a site that has all the books translated by fans. I like how they explain some of the things they talk about in the margins.

Download Yotsuba

Upvote 0