• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Carrer leaderboards

turnercake

Aug 15, 2015
hey guys, I would absolutely love it if they put a leader board system in the game which is accessible from the main menu including amount of zeds killed with a separate leader board regarding each perk. As the developers bring out more modes maybe they can put in other leader boards :D again i think this would be pretty sick as i put a lot of time into KF2.

While the idea is maybe not even bad it wouldn't be a good system for a few reasons:

1. Guess what people will lead the boards: people who use leveling maps and other easy maps. I think there will most likely even be people who will just use those maps to farm kills etc. to be able to brag.

2. Even just looking at people who play legitimately it will be detremental, because it would give people yet another reason to just try everything to get every single kill instead of just trying their best to survive.

Upvote 0
Stryke;n2276229 said:
While the idea is maybe not even bad it wouldn't be a good system for a few reasons:

1. Guess what people will lead the boards: people who use leveling maps and other easy maps. I think there will most likely even be people who will just use those maps to farm kills etc. to be able to brag.

2. Even just looking at people who play legitimately it will be detremental, because it would give people yet another reason to just try everything to get every single kill instead of just trying their best to survive.

Agreed.

The game isin't about the kills, it's about the survival and teammwork.

Upvote 0
2Clicks;n2276234 said:
Kill Whores for the win!!

I guess Ill get to use my medic perk alot more. While most ppl will use SWAT/Firebug and switch to demo asap. ^^ :)

this.

out of sheer boredom i spectated 2 rounds of gameplay last night. there was 2 demos on it at the top of kills with the no.1 spot having over 800 kills and the no.2 spot around 150. (they both knew each other too)

all the other players on this server had very little chance to kill anything since both of the top players just RPGed/M79ed everything. this is boring and we will see alot more of this type of "gameplay" if a leader board is introduced. (mind you both rounds i watched where c/maps)

leaderboards discourage teamplay and dont belong in KF2.
my 2 cents

Upvote 0
vexgass;n2276398 said:
in the end i dont care about others. i just wanna see my personal kills. if someone goes for FARM kills and suck in HoE games thats his problem

see..that mentality is why i think leaderboards are a bad bad idea. if you talk about someone being bad at HoE in solo..fair enough. having a bad player in MP HoE that has no clue how the game works messes up other peoples fun.not to talk about players just jumping in trying to get as many kills as possible and not caring about the team.

Upvote 0
poultrygeist;n2276428 said:
see..that mentality is why i think leaderboards are a bad bad idea. if you talk about someone being bad at HoE in solo..fair enough. having a bad player in MP HoE that has no clue how the game works messes up other peoples fun.not to talk about players just jumping in trying to get as many kills as possible and not caring about the team.

sure it is a bad idea and i never say anything about leaderboards. my idea is PERSONAL kills NO leaderboards!!!! something like payday1 stats

Upvote 0
In a game where more then 30% of the players use cheats and the game developers dosent care ( currently hopefully ) about it ?
In a game that cheating is so deep infiltrated that you have professional cheats available to by from professional company websites specialized in cheats just for this game ?
So deep infiltrated that almost every youtuber player of this game use cheats to get more subscriber and money ?
In a game that says it have VAT enabled, but its in fact currently disabled allowing even banned players from other games to normally play in it, something even against the steam rules for game developers ?

Are you kidding or crazy ? What do you want with it ? To have an cheater leaterboard where you can see who is using more cheating in the game ?

Upvote 0
One thing I havent seen asked for (in my limited time on these boards and the ones that sometimes overheat - Steam that is), is why there is no score column for heals in game? Press TAB in KF1 and Im pretty sure you would see a healing amount - or maybe that was some sort of nice dream I had! :D

Upvote 0
2Clicks;n2276698 said:
One thing I havent seen asked for (in my limited time on these boards and the ones that sometimes overheat - Steam that is), is why there is no score column for heals in game? Press TAB in KF1 and Im pretty sure you would see a healing amount - or maybe that was some sort of nice dream I had! :D

Healing ? What do you mean ? There is an healing score in kf2, it just shows how much heal you did on other players, also save for personal record...

Upvote 0
I'm for at least a personal/friends score board.
the personal record at the end of each game, i think it should be available somewhere else in the game menus, and should have more features, including total of everything you did... i don't care for the cheaters because i don't cheat, i just want to know how much headshots i made since i started to play the game, how much fp i killed, those sort of things. i can live without it but i'd really enjoy something like this.

also i'd love to see a server/map records for the start screen in the lobby... examples fastest victory/wipe, victory/wipe ratio, #1 big zed killer of the server/map, #1 headshotter of the server/map, fastest speed achieved on map...

Upvote 0
DeadPlayer123;n2276549 said:
In a game where more then 30% of the players use cheats and the game developers dosent care ( currently hopefully ) about it ?
In a game that cheating is so deep infiltrated that you have professional cheats available to by from professional company websites specialized in cheats just for this game ?
So deep infiltrated that almost every youtuber player of this game use cheats to get more subscriber and money ?
In a game that says it have VAT enabled, but its in fact currently disabled allowing even banned players from other games to normally play in it, something even against the steam rules for game developers ?

Are you kidding or crazy ? What do you want with it ? To have an cheater leaterboard where you can see who is using more cheating in the game ?

Just wondering where you seen those statistics. Is there a site that display that or is it based on your assumptions?

Upvote 0