• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Carpathian Crosses

we are getting there, still some work to be done and bugs to be squashed. ;)
Hope that we can get something new out soon. If you know animation under max things might speed up :D

Unfortunately, i'm not good at all with animation or texturing, but i can learn if someone shows me how :) if you need anything, i am willing to give my help to see this mod up and running,just say so.. ..nice work anyway :D

Upvote 0
header.jpg

We promised you guys that we will put out new stuff every week and we try hard to keep the promise.
This week we got you a "new" map, which will please especially players who remember it from the mod:

We are talking about Maikop. After we came to know that Greenhell is working on a conversion of the map to
Ostfront and after we opened CC to mappers we could convince him to include some of our new toys on the map.
Make sure to shoot enemies running around with binocs and to get cover when you hear a distant "ooomph".
Also, dont be too sure that the wooden bunkers provide that cover for too long...

And well, no news without pics, so here we go:

We would also like to send our best wishes out to the team behind Mare Nostrum for their imminent release tomorrow.
They released a list of items included in the Open Beta and to get your expectations right, make sure to head to their page to read their release notes.

Upvote 0
We would also like to send our best wishes out to the team behind Mare Nostrum for their imminent release tomorrow.
They released a list of items included in the Open Beta and to get your expectations right, make sure to head to their page to read their release notes.

Thanks for the kind words Worluk. Like everyone else the MareNostrum team is eagerly awaiting the release of Carpathian Crosses. The great work you've done on the new "toys" has me really excited.

Upvote 0
Guys, since less than a month left until CC is released (I hope), maybe you could reveal few points?
For example, could you please tell us the big secret of mortars? :) How do they work in game? As I understand, mortar team in CC is made of 2 persons? One who carries the mortar and forward observer? Mortarman needs to deploy the gun and then.. what? Probably he increases/decreases angle of the mortar, thus making the needed distance of the shot. Am I right? At least that's how they work in WW2Online. Or did you make some adjustments to this system?
How does forward observer work? You guys said that it will be easier to use mortars with FO. I'm thinking something along the lines of BF1941's artillery.
Will there be smoke shells for mortars? They are very handy and not rare in CMBB, also in WW2OL I always used smoke rounds first as spotting rounds, and when I see that it's on target, then I switched to HE rounds.

One of things that bugs me in MN is that Germans yell at those English soldiers "scheisse russen", "bolshevik" etc. It will make a gap in a good atmospehere if Russians will yell "Fritzs!". Please change few pharses before release. :)

Upvote 0
Hehe, you are right on time with the questions about the mortar, but you have to be patient a little longer.

As for the smoke shells, i couldnt find references for smoke shells being fired with the mortar we got ingame. Might change in case we can get more active developers with the release and add more mortars.

As for the russian taunts, atm you will still find those in. For one cause we have maps with romanians and germans, but also as there is too much left and the effort getting new taunts and implementing them is quite a lot (new voicesets would have to be done for soviet vs romanian soldiers and the RoleInfos would double. Atm other things are higher on the priority list :/

Upvote 0
My favourite RO battle ever happened in Maikop in the mod days. It was in Battle For Europe when we slaughtered the Russians in all 16 rounds on that map during a battle. lol

Yes...I was on the russian team during that match...Horrible, we got completely blitzed. Still, i can remember shooting you a few times Nimsky :p

Back on topic; this looks great, i loved this map in the mod.

Upvote 0
header.jpg

It has been a looooong way since the first talk on how to add a mortar to Red Orchestra started. Probably about 2 and a half years ago, even before Carpathian Crosses. Now we are ready to show you what we have got, and, more importantly you will see how it works.

We created you a short tutorial video for the M39 50mm mortar. We hope it will answer most of your questions. You may notice it says part I, the next part, part II will cover the spotter side of the mortar. Look for that sometime in the near future.

Upvote 0