• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Can't shoot or block as soon as some animations are finished

GrooveSan

Aug 30, 2015
Category: Code/actions mechanics
Reproducibility: Always
Description: with the Summer Sideshow event introduced, some of the player actions mechanics were broken. Those are following:
Before the update- when reloading a gun, if the fire button is held, you fired a gun as soon as the reload animation is finished.
Now you have to time your firing button correctly to start firing a gun, or just spam the firing button to be sure to shoot as soon as possible. It is very inconvenient, especially when you got cornered by a horde of zeds or grabbed by a clot.
Also, there is a problem with melee blocking.
Before the update- if the block button is held during the melee swing (primary,secondary,stab - any), you performed a parry/block as soon as the swing is finished.
Now you have to time your block button correctly to perform the block. It is also very inconvenient, as you already have too little time to be able to parry/block a scrake or FP attack after you hit them with your hard hit.
And the same goes with the blocking right after you equiped the melee weapon. If the block button is held during melee equiping animation, the block will not be performed until you press the block again after the equiping animation is finished.
It happens both online and offline

Last edited:
I don't know if it is related but yesterday I had occurence where Dommstick was shooting one shell after reload by itself without me doing anything, and also today I had issue with Boomstick, MP7, and AA12 automatically shooting after a reload, but another weird thing was with Boomstick reloaded, if I was checking reload by pressing reload key, and shooting ONE of the two shells, it was automatically reloading by itself with 1/2 shell, without me doing anything apart from shooting one shell after checking reload on a fully loaded Boomstick.

Issue was not related to mouse or keyboard malfunction I made sure of that by returning under windows and testing mouse, mouse clicks, keyboard keys, and all in various application, and all was working as intended.

It was clearly a game glitch at this point.

Could also be related to my hardware, bu I don't even think so, because I then tried multiple time to reproduce it after restarting the game, but all was working good then...

I'll try to keep track of what I'm doing before if it happens again.. but I think there is something fishy in game, maybe the animation tweaks and reload cancel fixes created some bugs (also on a side note, apparently I have been told that the OLD reload cancel is still in game where animation on some duallies fills the bullets in gun (the number is validated on screen) after first clip is loaded instead of the second one (where we still can do a little reload cancel as animation still continues a little after second clip (and numbers) are in. I did not test it but maybe you overlooked something that cascaded in multiple related bugs?).

Upvote 0
omano;n2322393 said:
I don't know if it is related but yesterday I had occurence where Dommstick was shooting one shell after reload by itself without me doing anything, and also today I had issue with Boomstick, MP7, and AA12 automatically shooting after a reload, but another weird thing was with Boomstick reloaded, if I was checking reload by pressing reload key, and shooting ONE of the two shells, it was automatically reloading by itself with 1/2 shell, without me doing anything apart from shooting one shell after checking reload on a fully loaded Boomstick.

Issue was not related to mouse or keyboard malfunction I made sure of that by returning under windows and testing mouse, mouse clicks, keyboard keys, and all in various application, and all was working as intended.

It was clearly a game glitch at this point.

Could also be related to my hardware, bu I don't even think so, because I then tried multiple time to reproduce it after restarting the game, but all was working good then...

I'll try to keep track of what I'm doing before if it happens again.. but I think there is something fishy in game, maybe the animation tweaks and reload cancel fixes created some bugs (also on a side note, apparently I have been told that the OLD reload cancel is still in game where animation on some duallies fills the bullets in gun (the number is validated on screen) after first clip is loaded instead of the second one (where we still can do a little reload cancel as animation still continues a little after second clip (and numbers) are in. I did not test it but maybe you overlooked something that cascaded in multiple related bugs?).

These sound like separate issues that would benefit from having their own specific reports with more detail. I'd be happy to look into these, they really do need their own threads for players to add issue specific details. :)

Upvote 0