• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Cant install custom maps

-[badger]-

Dec 11, 2010
so EVERY where I look installing a custom map include:
Download
Place in Killing floor/Maps/ folder
Start game.

I DL'd A few Custom maps placed them in the maps folder and nothing shows up in the maplist when I config the server.

Is there something I am missing?

You're missing map assets if they're not showing up in the maplist. You can try loading the map via console (open Mapname) and 'failed to load [packagename]' messages will get logged (killingfloor.log) that at least will narrow it down.
Creating invalid install paths also seems to be a popular thing to do for some reason. A lot of authors like to create paths as MapName\Maps\MapName.rom which places more of a burden on installing than not using paths at all. Check your Maps dir to make sure nothing got extracted into subdirs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Warning: Failed to load 'Arena': Can't find file for package 'Arena
Warning: Failed to load 'KF_Asylum': Can't find file for package 'KF_Asylum'
Warning: Failed to load 'KF-Duke3dM1v05': Can't find file for package 'clientmaterialtrigger'

as well as Warning: Failed to load 'LevelSummary KF-Duke3dM1v05.LevelSummary':

looks like its missing something. I have not idea what it is.
I dont have any sub directory extractions. What is the deal with these maps?

thanx for the help so far Xynthetic.

Upvote 0
Most maps have everything that's needed include with them in their package, but you have to extract the files into the correct directory. Most of them come pre-organized so that you just have to extract them into /KillingFloor/ and they'll work, but just in case here are the directories the files belong in:

.ukx files belong in /Animations/
.rom files belong in /Maps/
.uax files belong in /Sounds/
.usx files belong in /StaticMeshes/
.u files belong in /System/
.utx files belong in /Textures/

Also, a few maps, don't include common files, in which case a quick google search should produce the file for you.

Upvote 0