• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Cant get my server up, need help!

-=anders=-

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 24, 2005
Sweden
Hey there,

I just yesterday got a computer with win server 2008 up and running.

I want ofcourse try to host a server/two on it.

So I tried to followed what Ramm typed about hosting.

Downloaded RO2 files from HLDS.
Changed what I wanted to change in the *.ini files.
Dled .net 3.5 framework.
Entered the commands in the ro2server.bat file then clicked on it.

The commanline I've typed is this:
Code:
start .\Binaries\win32\ROGame FF-Apartments?minplayers=0?maxplayers=16 -seekfreeloadingserver -multihome=89.253.118.140 -port=7777 -PREFERPROCESSOR=0 -log=MyServerLog.log

And it got lost and lots of errors...
The log is attached at the bottom.

What could be wrong?

I have a 100/100Mbit connection with a static IP-adress. I suppose that's the one Im gonna type in the server.bat file right??? I have also opened the ports including the gameport: 7777.

I have no clue on how to make this properly.. Is the anything I should set in some controls inside win 2008 server OS?

I need som easy explanation, cause this seem very complex to me.

But I want this to work, as other can do it, so can I....

Just want it to work and show up in the server public browser. Then I can make some calibrations. :)

My specs (if those're the bottleneck):

ASUS p6t-deluxe 2

i7 920 (default speed)

Corsair DD3 6GB Dominator (default settings)

Hope you can help me out here guys!!

Kind regards
/Anders

Attachments

• server_log.zip
    17.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
did you run the hlds tool as admin? I remember having some issues with it previously when I wasnt running it as admin.. easy way to do it is to run the cmd.exe as admin and anything you do there will be run as admin.. Looks to me like you are missing something.. the way I did it was run hlds, run ue3redist, run the server once to create the .ini's, edit .ini's and then start tinkering with settings..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
did you run the hlds tool as admin? I remember having some issues with it previously when I wasnt running it as admin.. easy way to do it is to run the cmd.exe as admin and anything you do there will be run as admin.. Looks to me like you are missing something.. the way I did it was run hlds, run ue3redist, run the server once to create the .ini's, edit .ini's and then start tinkering with settings..

Roger, Im gonna try dloading the files again...

[EDIT]
Ok, when I erase -multihome=89.253.118.140 -port=7777, the server connects automatically to my servercomputer via its ip through my gateway: 192.168.0.104:8080

If I run this I dont get that many errors, and I can get in via webadmin, but no server shows up in the browser.

Wtf is going on???

Last edited:
Upvote 0
anyone?

In the router, shall I open the 7777 port in both TCP and UDP?

So strange, cause I found the server in the steam server list when I used my internal ip-adress.... Very odd... And as I said, I get so many errors in the serverlog when I'm using my external static ip (from my ISP): 89.253.118.140

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Try adding -port=27015 instead of 7777 in the command line..;)
Why? :S

[EDIT]
Ok, tried with -port=27015
Didn't work.. Could connect at all and didnt show up in the list...

It looks like this in the router.... Is something wrong?
ports.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If its ticked its still the same. So I tried the second and opened one TCP for steam port and en UDP for gameport...

Yes, so does it HAVE to be ranked to show up in the default list??????? All this hard work for nothing then?

All servers are ranked in this beta, even if they haven't applied for ranking. So ranking has nothing to do with your issues.

Upvote 0
Ok, found my problem!

The problem was, I've got a so called switch, before my DIR-655 router.
The switch is for IPTV. I must have it to watch TV.

The internet goes into the WAN port of the switch. Then I've got my router plugged into LAN port 1 of the switch to the WAN port of the router.
Then I

I called my ISP, and they said theres no "open port" things to do in the switch, because it works just like a switch. And they told me to enable uPnP in my router. But that didnt work either..

The only way people can se my server in the list is when I plug internet directly into the WAN port of the router.

You guys have some ideas???

I suppose it wont do much if I plug my server into the switch? Haven't tried that.

Upvote 0