• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Cannot join servers

Try switching characters and joining a server. Try selecting Ana Larive.

Also try restarting your game, and clearing your KF INI files.

Thanks,
Shuu

Let's try to figure this out.

I restarted my game three times. That didn't work. I switched my character to Ana; that didn't work. I got the error code saying that I lost connection to the server and tried joining a game. Still wasn't working. I then restarted the game again and did the same routine. I switched my character to Reverend and then went to the server browser and joined a hard lobby with one player and it finally worked. Maybe it doesn't have to do with switching characters, but the player count on the server or the difficulty of the server?

I'm not the one to know this stuff I'm just trying to think of solutions.

Upvote 0
Let's try to figure this out.

I restarted my game three times. That didn't work. I switched my character to Ana; that didn't work. I got the error code saying that I lost connection to the server and tried joining a game. Still wasn't working. I then restarted the game again and did the same routine. I switched my character to Reverend and then went to the server browser and joined a hard lobby with one player and it finally worked. Maybe it doesn't have to do with switching characters, but the player count on the server or the difficulty of the server?

I'm not the one to know this stuff I'm just trying to think of solutions.

Please navigate to - \Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Config\KFEngine.ini

CTRL+F and find "suppress=DevGFxUI"

Also look for "suppress=DevOnline" and "supress=DevNet"

Please put a Semi Colon ; at the beginning of these suppressions. Save the KFEngine file.

Next time you get this issue, close your game gracefully using the User Interface. (Exit Game > Exit to Desktop)

Navigate to - \Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Logs

The latest launch.log file should be from the last time you closed the game - you'll want to attach that here in this thread.

Thanks,
Shuu

Upvote 0