• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Can you still hip-fire LMGs?

in RO OST a crouched MG 34 moving through a building aimed was a deadly sight ... a 1 shot kill fully automatic man of death, even less accurate than the PAPASHAH (phoenetic) but 10x as scary :))

Yeah I forgot to mention the courching.... I never hip shoot the MG while standing. Don't know if it makes much of a difference, but at least your profile is smaller.

Upvote 0
I feel like this defeats the purpose of the class. I realize it isn't quite as realistic, but I feel like it would make the MG class just another assault class.

I could see it working. I never liked how the MG's in RO1 would shoot up to the sky after a second and a half of fire. With the proper stance, the MG-42 was very controllable fired from the shoulder in short bursts. To offset this obvious advantage, they could have it so you stand still in the game, and weapon sway would happen much more quickly than with rifles.

Upvote 0
that man
has the strength of an IS2 :IS2:

Well it sounds like an MG3, which has its firing rate a bit limited compared to the MG42, and I think it fires the slightly smaller .308. Not quite the same thing. :p

I'd love to see shouldering of the MG34 and DP28 though. It would be less controlable than the other automatics, and (if it still works this way) to reload you'd still have to deploy somewhere. But it would also be infinitely more useful than trying to hipshoot like a nut.

Gameplay issues can be sorted out by making the weapon slower to shoulder and recover from recoil, things like that. I'd feel a lot less naked every time I move around if I could shoulder and fire the LMGs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well it sounds like an MG3, which has its firing rate a bit limited compared to the MG42, and I think it fires the slightly smaller .308. Not quite the same thing. :p

I'd love to see shouldering of the MG34 and DP28 though. It would be less controlable than the other automatics, and (if it still works this way) to reload you'd still have to deploy somewhere. But it would also be infinitely more useful than trying to hipshoot like a nut.

Gameplay issues can be sorted out by making the weapon slower to shoulder and recover from recoil, things like that. I'd feel a lot less naked every time I move around if I could shoulder and fire the LMGs.

In the meantime, maybe I should find you on a server and give you some pointers on the hip shooting so you can be as 733t deadly as I :cool: ;)

Anything at close/medium range I never miss

Upvote 0
In the meantime, maybe I should find you on a server and give you some pointers on the hip shooting so you can be as 733t deadly as I :cool: ;)

Anything at close/medium range I never miss

Well try standing up, hipping your MG and walking anywhere that isn't in a small apartment building.

You'll just drop dead.

I'm talking about out in the open.

Upvote 0
I want to see a hipshooting Maxim!!

Ditto.

It actually happened! I think I saw a hollywood example of it in the that film about the French Foreign Legion called Legionnaire although it might of been a Lewis gun or something else can't quite remember!

Also I think we should be able to urinate in our maxim guns water jackets as was done in Stalingrad :D,

Upvote 0
I dont think you should be able to shoulder fire it, would pretty overpowered in my opinion, hip fire is allright becouse its not accurate as shoulder firing would be.

It's easy to do in real life so why not in game? Isn't that the core principle of RO2?

If an MG is fired from the shoulder as the 34 often was, why is this going to be " overpowered "?

It's a gun that was there and was used in this way, it should be in ;)

Upvote 0