• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Camp spots has to go

What are you even going on about? It sounds to me like you're pissed off you can't screw around in KF because people want some tactical play.

You don't get it. It's not about the difficulty of this game. It's not even about camping. You're being completely narrow minded about the whole issue and not looking at the bigger picture because you just don't get it.

People want OPTIONS.

They want strategy and team play. Not 6 medics just crouching at the end of a hallway, holding the left click button and killing everything till a scrake or flesh pound shows up. It's boring, there's no tactical play and it makes killing floor extremely repetitive.

The shear fact that you mentioned all you do is camp with 6 medics/supports just proves that this game needs to be changed. Sorry to burst your bubble but every game that has been balanced; has always been balanced to the 5% hardcore players you're talking about.

Those 6 medic 6 commando example was just me suggesting you and your friends could do. And "crouching at the end of a hallway, holding the left click button and killing everything" cant happen in killing floor 2, at in in the 3 official map atm.

Also, again, who is stopping you from kiting with your friends? What I am saying is in pub servers people will almost always camp because no matter how hard you punish camping, camping will still be easier with 6 random players. If you manage to get a full team of friends together, you have all the "options" in the world to do whatever you want like no trader, knife only, etc. But these will never happen in pub servers. Reasons have been mentioned above.

And how is kiting "tactical play" and camping isnt? We only have 3 maps now but in KF1 some maps are easier kiting some maps are easier camping, while both options will be viable, either will get punished too hard. People do their parts, some perk kill trash some kill bigs. Both in kiting and camping.

And if the game is really only targeted for those 5% players this game wont be planing for consoles. And you are assuming camping is easy and boring because some "elite teams" can do it with ease which makes we wonder have your team beat HOE with ease to a point that you actually find HOE boring? Or you just see some teams can do it and assume everyone can do the same? Because as what I can see now is people are stuck on suicidal or hard instead of "camping at a corner M1 all the way to beat HOE with ease".

Upvote 0
Those 6 medic 6 commando example was just me suggesting you and your friends could do. And "crouching at the end of a hallway, holding the left click button and killing everything" cant happen in killing floor 2, at in in the 3 official map atm.

Also, again, who is stopping you from kiting with your friends? What I am saying is in pub servers people will almost always camp because no matter how hard you punish camping, camping will still be easier with 6 random players. If you manage to get a full team of friends together, you have all the "options" in the world to do whatever you want like no trader, knife only, etc. But these will never happen in pub servers. Reasons have been mentioned above.

And how is kiting "tactical play" and camping isnt? We only have 3 maps now but in KF1 some maps are easier kiting some maps are easier camping, while both options will be viable, either will get punished too hard. People do their parts, some perk kill trash some kill bigs. Both in kiting and camping.

And if the game is really only targeted for those 5% players this game wont be planing for consoles. And you are assuming camping is easy and boring because some "elite teams" can do it with ease which makes we wonder have your team beat HOE with ease to a point that you actually find HOE boring? Or you just see some teams can do it and assume everyone can do the same? Because as what I can see now is people are stuck on suicidal or hard instead of "camping at a corner M1 all the way to beat HOE with ease".

Seriously, now "knife only" is an option to you? Have you read anything people have been saying in this thread? What next, should we all tie our hands behind our back and play with our feet for more options?

Just stop replying to my posts when you clearly can't read. I don't know how many times I've said camping is fine. All you do is emphasize how horrible your experience with random pubs are so you're afraid of any sort of change that's going to be out of your comfort zone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As I said, your experience of higher difficulties is skewed because you were playing with baddies

Not like it was hard to tell from what he wrote but...
Firebug was easily my favorite class in Killing Floor 1, for a lot of reasons. I've heard that in difficulties above Hard it stops being useful (and I mostly just played Hard so I wouldn't know)

It is bold to criticize the KF1 HoE gameplay without having ever looked past cheesy map exploits.

Upvote 0
Also stop saying "If YOU don't like to camp then just don't play that way." It's not that simple. When camping works well enough that it assures an easy victory every time, it becomes mandatory, especially on the higher difficulties. Nobody gets the option to play the game any other way, because before the wave starts 2/3 of the team will just silently shuffle back to THE room every time.

Finally gets a team consistently make it to HoE Hans, let's be honest. It's boring.

I'm sorry, but this game gets extremely boring/repetitive when the only good places on the map is the same spot you see every time. This makes 90% of the map just eye candy and not really worth playing in.

You 3 seem to be very expressive about how camping makes the game too easy and boring. Personally, I find HoE games on KF2 very difficult while camping, particularly in pubs but obviously, you guys are experts at this game.

Please post a screenshot showing your easy victories on HOE. Now, if you have not beat KF2 on HOE even once, I think you are getting a little ahead of yourself with your claims.

Upvote 0
I like how you snipped out my sentences. Good job quoting me out of context. I can do that too though.

Personally, I find HoE games on KF2 very difficult

Well, then you should probably stick to normal mode.

And just before anyone misquotes me again, the developers specifically want to reduce the number of camping spots with destructible areas.

So yep, have fun supporting your pro-camping ideas when the developers said themselves they are planning to try to rid of it.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=309404130

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I like how you snipped out my sentences. Good job quoting me out of context. I can do that too though.

Well, then you should probably stick to normal mode.

I simply quoted the gist of your message and what I thought was the key point. OK I will try to summarize everything you said in a few lines.

Let me get this straight, you think camping is boring and repetitive but at the same time claim there is nothing wrong with it. In the same breath, you also want people to have ''more'' options by making camping less of a viable strategy.

Also, you can't beat the game on HoE. Is that everything? My bad I forgot to mention that you want a giant, burrowing worm ZED.

LOL

Upvote 0
Yeah, the worm-like zed idea is directly taken from Starcraft 2. lololol?

As I said before, the developers don't like camping as much as anyone else does, sorry to burst your bubble if you haven't realized that by now.

But yeah, stay in normal mode thanks. Clearly HoE is way too difficult for you.

Actually I've beaten everything in KF2 except HoE and have been a long time HOE player on KF1. I just find that nearly anyone who complains the game being too easy can't actually beat the game on the hardest difficulty. The irony is frankly hard to ignore.

Also, since the worm was in Starcraft, it must surely be a good idea to introduce it into a game like KF. Lets ask TWI to do the same with the goombas from Super Mario and the aliens from Contra.

Upvote 0
Go play Sniper if you love camping so much. Some of us play video games because we like the idea of being an action hero. I don't know how people like you enjoy sitting in one spot holding M1 down. Is shooting and moving too hard for you? I know some turret games that you would like.

The game should be a mix of camping and running. I shouldn't have to challenge myself, the very definition of a video game is to be challenged by it.
Have you ever played Killing Floor before?

-Less ammunition for players

-More ammunition boxes around the map

Hole up in your teams favorite spot for half the game kite for the rest when ammo runs dry.

problem solved.
It would get everyone to use their 9mm occasionally at least.

Upvote 0
Actually I've beaten everything in KF2 except HoE and have been a long time HOE player on KF1. I just find that nearly anyone who complains the game being too easy can't actually beat the game on the hardest difficulty. The irony is frankly hard to ignore.

Also, since the worm was in Starcraft, it must surely be a good idea to introduce it into a game like KF. Lets ask TWI to do the same with the goombas from Super Mario and the aliens from Contra.

Feel free to look at my steam profile. I can play on HOE, I even win one of the map atm. And then some people who camp on normal and hard think the game is too easy and they think camping in HOE will be as easy as hard. It's really funny seeing them keep claiming the game is cakewalk and demand changes when they dont even play the higher difficulties.

Now who is inside a bubble? Oh and yeah, according to his logic, we should add the tank from L4D and hunter who can pounce and immobilize players, because the game is too easy now.

Its like people who complaints that Dark Souls is too easy after they watch a speedrunner who makes every boss a joke without actually playing the game themselves.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
But yeah, stay in normal mode thanks. Clearly HoE is way too difficult for you.

Now this is elitist. Just because you find something challenging doesn't mean you can't do it. I find HoE a challenge, and I like that about it. If you are so 3pro5me that HoE is a cake walk for you, good for you. I don't believe you, but good for you.

Upvote 0
Feel free to look at my steam profile. I can play on HOE, I even win one of the map atm. And then some people who camp on normal and hard think the game is too easy and they think camping in HOE will be as easy as hard. It's really funny seeing them keep claiming the game is cakewalk and demand changes when they dont even play the higher difficulties.

Now who is inside a bubble? Oh and yeah, according to his logic, we should add the tank from L4D and hunter who can pounce and immobilize players, because the game is too easy now.

Its like people who complaints that Dark Souls is too easy after they watch a speedrunner who makes every boss a joke without actually playing the game themselves.

Exactly. Honestly, I don't understand the logic behind it.

Upvote 0
What an awful thread. I'm sensing a lot of these people who joined in 2015 haven't even played KF1. Kiting is fun to an extent but KF1 style where you run around with everything following obediently behind you gets boring. It's nice that they addressed the issue so that now husks aren't the only threat to you when kiting, even though the teleporting system is questionable and annoying at worst.

Anyway, it's nice that now we have lots of options. It would be damn stupid to invalidate any of the playestyles. My fav is defending a large area and dodging around there, but for HOE it seems you either need to camp or kite with fast classes if you really wanna clear it.

Upvote 0
What an awful thread. I'm sensing a lot of these people who joined in 2015 haven't even played KF1. Kiting is fun to an extent but KF1 style where you run around with everything following obediently behind you gets boring. It's nice that they addressed the issue so that now husks aren't the only threat to you when kiting, even though the teleporting system is questionable and annoying at worst.

Anyway, it's nice that now we have lots of options. It would be damn stupid to invalidate any of the playestyles. My fav is defending a large area and dodging around there, but for HOE it seems you either need to camp or kite with fast classes if you really wanna clear it.

you right, mate. I second you.

My opinion is to do both things: defend and run. the trick is know when to leave the defending area, start running in offensive formation and try to retake defensive position in same or new area.

Upvote 0
you right, mate. I second you.

My opinion is to do both things: defend and run. the trick is know when to leave the defending area, start running in offensive formation and try to retake defensive position in same or new area.
Yeah, that's the best. For me it usually happens in the slightly "worse" open camp spots where you get overwhelmed quicker but can also retreat safely. I love when the team has good communication and we return back to defending our spot after circling around the map.

Upvote 0
As I said before, the developers don't like camping as much as anyone else does, sorry to burst your bubble if you haven't realized that by now.
That is a popular misapprehension that the devs try to "get rid" of camping. Encouraging players to change positions is not the same like forcing them. Also we should keep in mind that everything in the early access version is balanced around what is already ingame and what is not. With all perks and weapons introduced and polished, do you really believe a coordinated and decent team won't be able to hold it's position? That would only be possible if the weaponry wouldn't offer enough firepower to deal with 32 zeds at a time. And this is not gonna happen. Speaking of bursting bubbles...

Upvote 0
This thread really is pointless. This is a problem with map design entirely. Don't like kiting? Make/play camp maps. Don't like camping? Make/play kite maps.

And don't talk about difficulty balance when you 1. know nothing and 2. the game and meta hasn't even matured to a point where it's worth to talk about difficulty.

Upvote 0