• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Camoflague NETS

Being an Ol`Soldier myself I would like to ask you Skin experts if there is a way to Include Camonets. It would be perfect for Snipers and AT Guns. Or mabe a MOBILE Radioman/Artillery Observer.

Camo nets could be nice.

There are no snipers in the game, only designated marksmen, so probably no nets for them.

Portable radios of that time were very heavy and ackward to use. And they did not use them on squad/platoon level combat, so radios would be sort of out of question.

Though the present radio system is also very "gamey".:)

Upvote 0
Yeah they probably were heavy I dont think they be to hard to use though sincce it was imperative for it to work, German storm-troopers used them quite often to call in artillery, stop it or to make sure artillery was not falling on the postion that they were gonna well.. storm theres a pretty good example of this in the German movie "Stalingrad" if you saw it although it is more like a mobile field-Phone rather than a radio. I dont think a camo net would be nessary for the mobile-field phone class as he would be moving with the troops.-

If you didnt see "stalingrad" theres an other example of this in COD UO on the russian side on single player when you have to spot artillery on German postions your mate has a huge satchel with a phone sticking out of it and calls in your postion when you spot.- not sure though if this one was realistic for the russians seening as it comes from COD.
I like the camo net idea DH has a few of em in some maps- :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Camo nets could be nice.

There are no snipers in the game, only designated marksmen, so probably no nets for them.

Portable radios of that time were very heavy and ackward to use. And they did not use them on squad/platoon level combat, so radios would be sort of out of question.

Though the present radio system is also very "gamey".:)
I thought designated marksman was just another term for sniper? And if they aren't snipers, then why is the class named sniper?

Upvote 0
I don't know why sniper class should be renamed to match some modern U.S. / English speaking world classification. If Germans and Russians made distinction between designated marksmen and snipers during the war then change it, but otherwise there's no point.

What comes to nets I think it's a good idea. At least AT-guns and bunkers could use some camoflague. I've seen a lot of photos from the west front where German tanks looked like moving bushes. Did they do that also in the east? I think tanks are currently way too easy to spot. I'd like to see some improvised camo on tanks as well, especially on StuG.

Upvote 0
I've seen a lot of photos from the west front where German tanks looked like moving bushes. Did they do that also in the east? I think tanks are currently way too easy to spot. I'd like to see some improvised camo on tanks as well, especially on StuG.

That happened in most places, crews would do anything to get an advantage in battle. I'm pretty sure it happened mostly on the western front though, as allied air power was very strong (especially in normandy and onwards), and the German vehicles therefore had to camoflage themselves with foliage to avoid being spotted from above.

Upvote 0
That happened in most places, crews would do anything to get an advantage in battle. I'm pretty sure it happened mostly on the western front though, as allied air power was very strong (especially in normandy and onwards), and the German vehicles therefore had to camoflage themselves with foliage to avoid being spotted from above.

In Sniper School at Ft.Benning Georgia I will Remember this quote from our Instructor "If an enemy troop stops directly in front of you and relives himself directly upon you thinking you are a bush THAT my fellow soldiers is the utmost compliment you could possibly receive as PROOF you have MASTERD the ART of CAMOFLAGUE!. So shoot straight, shoot swift, or you might get the GOLDEN compliment"

I truly think Camouflage is missing in the game. Some things are just TO open to the eye. You could truly set up am ambush with the anti tank soldiers. I think the enemy is often to easy to see in the game. It is usually the HIDDEN tank or AT soldier or SNIPER that gets you. I believe the game would be more fun and Challenging trying to find out "Where did that shot come from?" or the famous last words "Sgt. did that bush just move?"

Upvote 0
I also have another idea that sort of ties in to this thread. Some snipers in Urban settings put cloth on the on the scope and barrel to hide any shine from the gun. So in urban maps like Stalingrad kessel and danzig the player could have the choice to choose the cloth variant of the gun. I couldin't find any pictures of a real one but here's one from Day of Defeat.

http://editor321.planethalflife.gamespy.com/images/triggerspring.jpg

Upvote 0