• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Calling all firebugs

slayer123

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 16, 2016
CALLING ALL FIREBUGS.CALLING ALL FIREBUGS.WARNING, WARNING.DO NOT FEED SCRAKES FIRE ON HELL ON EARTH.I REPEAT DO NOT FEED FIRE TO SCRAKES ON HELL ON EARTH.

Especially if I'm around, raging scrakes with a flamer does little damage and makes everyone else's job if having to deal with it harder, so call it out and let someone more capable handle it or use a microwave gun.But ffs stop sending groups of burnt raging scrakes my way.A good firebug should already know to be careful of this.Caulk and Burn him then microwave gun, but don't think raging it with a flamer is going to help anyone.

​​​​​RANT OVER.THANK YOU FOR TAKING NOTE NOW GET OUT THERE AND BE A GOOD FIREBUG.

Last edited:
Friend, if you see any firebug flaming an scrake just let him deal with it and keep distance from him, firebugs needs to be close to the enemy to fire it, so its easy to just keep distance from those noobs until they die and learn not to do it, its easy like that.
The problem is really the demolitions noobs ( and some medics ), since they like to rage scrakes from distances, mainly if sc is close to you when you are ready to kill it, firebusg are not an problem really.

Upvote 0
DeadPlayer123;n2275960 said:
Friend, if you see any firebug flaming an scrake just let him deal with it and keep distance from him, firebugs needs to be close to the enemy to fire it, so its easy to just keep distance from those noobs until they die and learn not to do it, its easy like that.
The problem is really the demolitions noobs ( and some medics ), since they like to rage scrakes from distances, mainly if sc is close to you when you are ready to kill it, firebusg are not an problem really.

#notalldemos

I never rage Scrakes on a distance, I try to get into position so I can take them down with headshots, it's how I learned to do it after all, I don't get the sniper Demos who fire RPG's at Scrakes half a map away, that's SS's job!

Upvote 0
DreaderVII;n2275979 said:
#notalldemos

I never rage Scrakes on a distance, I try to get into position so I can take them down with headshots, it's how I learned to do it after all, I don't get the sniper Demos who fire RPG's at Scrakes half a map away, that's SS's job!

Yes point blank rpg to a scrakes head, here's a man that knows.but beware that nuke as there's plenty of potential to rage every scrake that's following and if you've been kiting hoe Paris that may well have left you with 7+ scrakes.

On another note the on thing I hate about being beserker is when you smack a scrake in the head,ready to put him down and he runs off around you to get the very team your trying to get keep him away from.

Upvote 0
Scrublord;n2276008 said:
Its extremely helpful to set zeds on fire when they're already raged, especially if you have a support on your team, who are the best at killing pre-raged boss zeds.

Just wait until they are raged before doing anything

Only helpful if your team's damage comes in low accuracy forms, other way its much faster to let 1 or 2 guys in front of him let them deal with it. even with good aim there is some considerable waste when firing zeds in panic. most of the time in my experience panic does more harm than good, still it does help every now and then.

Upvote 0
random;n2276043 said:

Only helpful if your team's damage comes in low accuracy forms, other way its much faster to let 1 or 2 guys in front of him let them deal with it. even with good aim there is some considerable waste when firing zeds in panic. most of the time in my experience panic does more harm than good, still it does help every now and then.

That's why I said 'especially support'. It's easier to kill a zed that's panicking than a zed that is currently killing you

Upvote 0
Scrublord;n2276059 said:
That's why I said 'especially support'. It's easier to kill a zed that's panicking than a zed that is currently killing you

i can see how that could work some times, just that i find it better/faster to kill a big zed coming at you even with support, scrake is easily avoidable, fp can be blocked->stumbled for minimal damage, only real reason for a zed to be killing you is because the team messed up the perimeter. in which case the firebug still helps more panicking scattered small zeds.

Upvote 0
This may just be the calibre of people I play with but I find FBs can't keep their vector Zed-tight, in that they're frequently letting panic-Zeds past them. Not the end of the world but just about any other perk wouldn't let that happen quite so readily.

By far the worst of poor trigger control on FBs is when they rage two or three SCs/FBs in one puff. FBs would be better off pulling back and letting the accurate perks lure one away from the pack, and then flaming up.

FBs can be really, really good at sweeping up the trash - when played well. Sadly a poor FB can be almost as bad for the team as a bad Medic, IME.

Upvote 0