• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Call of Duty 5

So, what's the bottom line? Is this game any good? How would you rate it, 1-10, with 10 being excellent and one being it absolutely stinks?

Do you think it is worth $35.00 U.S. (PC version originally priced $50.00 here), because that is the sales price at a store nearby here.

I heard the SP part was short, only 4-5 hours, and that COD5 is basically more on par as being a WWII expansion game of COD4.

I like the fact it has some Pacific theater, but that is only one part of the entire campaign.

Is it worth $35.00 U.S.?

And how was the Zombie mode that everyone seems to be talking about?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, I did review it. In short, it's not very long (managed to complete it in 5 hours) and it doesn't really offer anything new, other than atrocities and a pretty good gib system which is a bit overdone in relation to shotguns but oh well. If you want to play just another CoD, go for it. In case you are expecting something new, it's not worth it.

Upvote 0
as for the people that say "if you want realism then join the army" the 'realism' crowd takes it further than the actual military does lol

What? How is that revelant? I don't recall anybody stating that "if you want realism then join the army"..

And in what way does the realism crowd take it further than the actual army?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Played through on a console system (thanks to Gamefly's 10 day free trial). It was fun, great scripted sequences, but AI on the Wii was pretty weak. The multiplayer didn't interest me at all, as I've already got good MP on PC games, such as RO.

Bottom line is, playing CoD5 made me want to go play RO.

I did like their version of 'Konigsplatz' - though I wished I had a tank.

Upvote 0
I heard the SP part was short, only 4-5 hours, and that COD5 is basically more on par as being a WWII expansion game of COD4.

That about nails it. The only contribution I can see from Treyarch in there is vehicles, skins and other fluff. The rest is COD4 (head explodes) code.

Its fun, sure, but no real innovation here. If you like the era, you'll like the game. Dont know that I'd pay 50 bucks for it though...maybe more along the lines of a $29 game imho.

Upvote 0
To bump this month old thread :)

I just got it for Wii; it's the first FPS for Wii I play and it's the first FPS I play at all in about 1,5 years time and I must say I'm pretty pleased with it works really well with Wii controls.

Felt kind of uncomfortable at first (after all some 15 years of playing FPSs with KB+M has left it's marks in me) but once you got used to playing with the Wii mote the game felt really intuitive and imresive with that contol scheme.

Now the Wii version isn't perfect (can't compare to the other versions since I've not played them but anything is better than dual analog on the other consoles at least) and could use some tweaks etc.

Oh and I started to play it on Veteran skill level in singel player and some missons are insanley hard (like a sniper that can do pop up shooting and hit me between the eyes even if I changed possitions since the last time he peaked out). :)

Upvote 0