• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bullet speeds

Bullet speeds

• They're fine.

Votes: 55 28.8%
  • Could be a bit faster.

Votes: 100 52.4%
  • Make guns hitscan.

Votes: 12 6.3%
  • Only increase speeds in ZED time.

Votes: 24 12.6%
  • Slower!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

moleculo

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 2, 2013
Guns in KF2 seem to use projectiles instead of being hitscan weapons, even rifles and pistols. The bullet travel times are very small and hit detection works well, but the projectiles are still easily noticeable. Personally I think the bullet speeds seem a wee bit low, and I kind of feel like I should predict enemy movement to hit long-range targets. Shotgun pellets are slower. In ZED time all bullets are slowed down further. Thoughts?

I like them. I like having to lead targets now. But they'd have to be at this speed if it's going to work at KF2's ranges.

But it'd be interesting if different guns fired bullets at different speeds. I'd like a Commando sidegrade to the AK12 that throws bullets so fast that you don't have to lead them so much.

It's a much more interesting way of determining weapon accuracy outside of silly stuff like random spread.

Upvote 0
This is only really a problem with Commando.

Pistol and shotgun bullets likely have ~close to real-life velocities but rifle bullets are slowed down _significantly_ so the tracers show up better. It's not a big problem most of the time right now but I imagine this will get worse when maps with slightly longer sight lines get added.

Upvote 0
This is only really a problem with Commando.

Pistol and shotgun bullets likely have ~close to real-life velocities but rifle bullets are slowed down _significantly_ so the tracers show up better. It's not a big problem most of the time right now but I imagine this will get worse when maps with slightly longer sight lines get added.

Actually I have to agree with this. Commando's best attributes as a trashcleaner were the accuracy and recoil control, enabling him to be effective at range.

Not shaping up to be the case in KF2. Commando is so spammy now it might be more efficient to just go Firebug or Gunslinger when they come out.

Upvote 0
I feel they're mostly fine. The effect is more interesting and fun than straight hitscan, but the bullet speeds could be increased a little. While the other three perks don't have an issue, I do feel that it's a slight problem for Commando.

What's going to make it or break it is when Sharpshooter comes out. Their need for absolute accuracy is going to determine a lot about how the current bullet velocity - assuming it isn't altered by then - affects that.

Upvote 0
ARs outside of zed time are hitscan. During zed time they're extremely slow projectiles.
You sure? I was expecting somebody would barge in to say that soon as I create the thread but if the bullets and tracers really are different then they've done good job deceiving me so far. Welp, in that case the thread becomes about increasing the velocity of the traces to more realistic values.

Upvote 0