• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bots totally destroy the RO2 Playerbase/Community

AgentBauer

Jul 27, 2011
To make something clear: I totally enjoyed RO2 from day one.
But: The fact that on EVERY server i join 80% of the population are mindless bots totally kills enthusiasm about playing the game. It`s always the same: I join a server, there are few human player rest is bots. Ths gets worse after time so i change the server where the same story begins all over again.

Whats the point? Why does every idiot owning a server think it will be a good thing to add those mindless zombies. The experience of this otherwise great game is totally desroyed by this.
RO2 has just a small community and by this the playerbase is splitted onto many small parts, instead of having few really good visited servers without bots. Doesn`t anyone see that?

But: The fact that on EVERY server i join 80% of the population are mindless bots totally kills enthusiasm about playing the game. It`s always the same: I join a server, there are few human player rest is bots. Ths gets worse after time so i change the server where the same story begins all over again.

Whats the point? Why does every idiot owning a server think it will be a good thing to add those mindless zombies. The experience of this otherwise great game is totally desroyed by this.
RO2 has just a small community and by this the playerbase is splitted onto many small parts, instead of having few really good visited servers without bots. Doesn`t anyone see that?

I've only seen two servers that were full and had bots on it.. but yes I can understand what you are saying to a point.

Upvote 0
Just an observation about the community here on these forums.
This is a little like the RO2 haters threads.
People just keep dropping in creating threads about the same thing.

Normally I would not care. But on this forum topic spam is out of control.

My 2c.

P.S. I understand where you are coming from. But personally I am happy to relax a bit between full human servers... which I do see where I am all of the time.

Upvote 0
It Is easy to complain on server bot, You are not admin server?
have you ever play on an empty server? I think not ...
have you ever spend two hours a stay on a server for the player connects?
then yes the server filled with bot sucks, but with 10 or 16 bots you can play and wait player connect to our server

My 2 cents ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It Is easy to complain on server bot, You are not admin server?
have you ever play on an empty server? I think not ...
have you ever spend two hours a stay on a server for the player connects?
then yes the server filled with bot sucks, but with 10 or 16 bots you can play and wait player connect to our server

My 2 cents ...
Some people would rather play with themselves....

Reactions: CaseyHairyback
Upvote 0

You can always put some effort and money in putting up your own RO2 server without bots. Or did your brain miss that part of the deal?

And for the bot filter, yes that would be a good idea, but so many people have so many wishes, that it's hard for TWI to satisfy every soul. But meanwhile you could use the steam server browser. That one does have a bot filter.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think we need two things about this.

1. A server filter to filter out bot servers,
2. More Server Admins who decide to turn off the bots. I think it created a downward spira,l because I often turn on the game and see there are no servers populated without bots at the time and then I decide to close the game.

Maybe the community should work on gameplay events to get the servers more populated.

Upvote 0
Was looking at the top 5 servers which were full/near full earlier and they had at least one thing in common which was some level of bots enabled. It seems like you need to spawn like 6v6 to 10v10 if you want people to join the server, then players slowly replace bots.

True. On our server mostly 5vs5 bots are present just to start up a game or else people will leave if they have to run around for even 5 minutes without any targets.

Upvote 0
We have a event this weekend on the server, only the 2 custom maps, Ogledow and Butovo with no BOTS.
I did a call here on the forums to have many people could join.
Result= nada-niks-no players, maybe the max was 2-4 players.
So wat more can we do? You tell me, so i put on Bots and players come...
I prefer to play also with no bots but we cant compete with big clans, thats a fact.
For a small community that we are, most of us playing BF3, i am the only one that plays RO2.
Its easy to have critics on servers with Bots but this is the only way for us.Its not funny anymore to look in your mailbox and read the mails frome players abouth the bots, that we are noobs and etc...that was not the meaning.Like Ducky say's:"You can always put some effort and money in putting up your own RO2 server without bots. Or did your brain miss that part of the deal?"

I have nothing more tho add, only thing is, if you dont like bots dont join our server, simple and easy.

Regards.

Reactions: Ducky
Upvote 0
Overall I dislike the bots because of the broad effect it tends to have on team play in most cases. There are exceptions, of course. There is one server that has bots where the human players regularly seem to play as a team. Human squad leaders who have a team-oriented style can use the bots for team goals and actually make it pretty fun, weird bot behavior notwithstanding. But usually when the ratio of bots to humans gets too high, it tends to become a bot-farming server with little to no team playing regardless of the admin's intention (even with certain "tactical" servers I've played on).

Given the choice, I would prefer a 5 on 5 match with extra bots where the 5 guys on the team are trying to play as a team vs. a 5 on 5 match with no bots at all.

But that said, I would on the other hand prefer a 5 on 5 match with no bots to a 5 on 5 with bots where the 5 guys on the team are uninterested in teamwork because "it's just bots, what's the point, I might as well just get some xp for now".

Upvote 0
I had taken a couple weeks break to play Skyrim and the Witcher 2. Now that I'm back I not only have to deal with an extremely slow server browser, I have to sort thru the player list and see/count the number of human players that are actually in the server.

Now, I will say that the bots are 100 times smarter than ROOST bots, and I do get the whole seeding the server with some bots to get a few people playing. I get that and I actually think it is ok. But some servers have a very large numbers of bots and I actually think that is a bit decieving. I don't care for the bot farming (or whatever the term is) and if server admins are just adding lots of bots to make the server look full, well then, I'm sorry. I will look elsewhere.

Its really beginning to become a CHORE to get into a game that is only so-so to begin with. And to think for several years I had such high hopes for ROHOS :(

Upvote 0