• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Bosses weak spots

From This table, we get

HANS
Head - 1.1x
Chest core - 1.1x
Backpack core 1.1x
Arms - 0.5x
Legs - 0.5x
Exo suit - 0.5x
All other - 1x

KEVIN
Head and jaw - 1x
Body and spine - 0.8x
Tentacle claw - 1.5x
Left arm and forearm - 0.33x
Right arm and forearm - 1.1x
Right hand - 0.8x
Left leg - 0.33x
Right leg - 0.8x

So in your post, you're right in saying shooting the Patriarch in his tentacle does the most damage, but shooting Hans in his head, chest core, or backpack all do the same damage.

Upvote 0
From This table, we get

HANS
Head - 1.1x
Chest core - 1.1x
Backpack core 1.1x
Arms - 0.5x
Legs - 0.5x
Exo suit - 0.5x
All other - 1x

KEVIN
Head and jaw - 1x
Body and spine - 0.8x
Tentacle claw - 1.5x
Left arm and forearm - 0.33x
Right arm and forearm - 1.1x
Right hand - 0.8x
Left leg - 0.33x
Right leg - 0.8x

So in your post, you're right in saying shooting the Patriarch in his tentacle does the most damage, but shooting Hans in his head, chest core, or backpack all do the same damage.

Thanks a lot for an answer and for the table c:

Upvote 0
I had not enough time to test it properly and i'm not really good with SDK so i can only see his hitzones when he's in default pose with his claw out, but based on amount of damage dealt it looks like you actually cannot damage it when it hidden.

There's a way to check which hitzone takes damage. Iirc:

1. Spawnzed Patriarch.

2. Open console, getall kfpawn_monster hitfxinfo

This should tell which hitzone takes damage. Can't recall exact name for tentacle but it should have "7" at the end and it should not be a "spine" (which seems to take damage here, instead of claw).

Also shooting him below the claw (yea, you got it, right there...) cause slightly more damage - this hitzone takes x1 damage opposite to spine's x0.8 factor.

I'll check it bit later.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nope, you cannot damage tentacle when it idling. Only when exposed. You do x0.8 damage to torso / chest when shooting it.

I also updated hitzones for better undestanding and with missing info on hips and right foot.

Head - 1 / Body - 0.8 / Tentacle (if used) - 1.5 / Abdomen, hips - 1 / Left arm, weapon - 0.33 / Right arm, forearm - 1.1 / Right hand - 0.5 / Left leg - 0.33 / Right leg - 0.8 / Right foot - 1

That's his hitboxes (spheres actually) http://imgur.com/a/M4t0m
For better quality you can check them in sdk, search for Patriarch's Physics Asset.

Last edited:
Upvote 0