• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bleeding to Death!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the bleeding to death.

I don;t like the bandage system though. A wound that would bleed you out in under half a minute is hardly helped by a bandage, which magically van be applied in seconds.

It's too gamey for me.

I find it to be pretty fun seeing me bleeding out though. Makes me appreciate the kills I got the split second before a bit more.

Upvote 0

I don;t like the bandage system though. A wound that would bleed you out in under half a minute is hardly helped by a bandage, which magically van be applied in seconds.

It's too gamey for me.

I find it to be pretty fun seeing me bleeding out though. Makes me appreciate the kills I got the split second before a bit more.
thats why you get a dark screen and die.

Upvote 0

It's too gamey for me.

So... You liked the old system in RO1? The system where you shot someone and they had to do nothing but run away to escape. How is this new system of requiring someone to do something about their wounds not adding a tad more realism to the game?

Upvote 0
So... You liked the old system in RO1? The system where you shot someone and they had to do nothing but run away to escape. How is this new system of requiring someone to do something about their wounds not adding a tad more realism to the game?

Is that the conclusion you have drawn from what I said?

Seriously? Where did I mention the RO1 system? Out of us two, you were the first to bring RO1 up.

I'm just saying the bandage system as it is currently in beta feels gamey to me. And I think it;s safe to say that wounds that would bleed you dry in seconds would not be helped by a bandage.

The removal of the bandages and the minor bleeds system would seem the best to me.

Any wound a bandage would help on would probably not kill you within seconds if left untreated.

The lethal bleedouts are fine though, I rather like them.

Upvote 0
Bleeding mechanics have worked well in the games I have seen use them. Even if it is for nothing more than distinguishing incompetent players from competent ones.

What I do not like however, is when you take a hit that is essentially fatal but gives you the illusion that it can be bandaged.

As I mentioned in another post on this topic it should be setup so that when you take damage to the point it cannot be bandaged it should just use the fade to black animation you sometimes see.

I am unsure if at present all shots that will kill you even when you bandage immediately are supposed to play this animation or if it is intended that you can start to bandage only to die halfway through the process.

Upvote 0
Is that the conclusion you have drawn from what I said?

Seriously? Where did I mention the RO1 system? Out of us two, you were the first to bring RO1 up.

I'm just saying the bandage system as it is currently in beta feels gamey to me. And I think it;s safe to say that wounds that would bleed you dry in seconds would not be helped by a bandage.

The removal of the bandages and the minor bleeds system would seem the best to me.

Any wound a bandage would help on would probably not kill you within seconds if left untreated.

The lethal bleedouts are fine though, I rather like them.

No one said you mentioned RO1. I was making a comparison to RO1 that has no type of bandaging system. The RO2 system is not "gamey", the wounds it bandages are wounds that a normal soldier would normally be disabled by (IE: 7.62 to knee cap). So by making you bleed out is a compensation to you having you crawl around the around the map due to not bandaging the wound.

Upvote 0
No one said you mentioned RO1. I was making a comparison to RO1 that has no type of bandaging system. The RO2 system is not "gamey", the wounds it bandages are wounds that a normal soldier would normally be disabled by (IE: 7.62 to knee cap). So by making you bleed out is a compensation to you having you crawl around the around the map due to not bandaging the wound.

You still don't get me.

If I get hit in the arm, and I don;t bandage it, I will bleed out in the next 20 seconds. So I press CTRL and I put a bandage on, and suddenly everything is good and I'm fully functional.

Having a wound that would kill you in such a short amount of time, is not helped by a bandage.

I totally agree with you when you say that having players bleed out for wounds that would have taken you out of action is a good idea to simulate this in the game.

My issue is that wounds that will bleed you out in 10 seconds are not helped by a bandage, and would, in reality always take you out of the fight.

I simply do not think 'bandageable' wounds should feature in the game.

Upvote 0
I'm just saying the bandage system as it is currently in beta feels gamey to me

So you'd rather have no bandaging system at all?
Because let's be honest given the life expectancy during the game having a more sophisticated bandaging/wound system would be a waste of everyones time...this is a game at the end of the day - and TWI had to draw the line somewhere.

Honestly it would be nice if people (when sharing their opinion) could come up with a different implementation of an idea, and why it would be better in such a way. Maybe put yourself in TWIs shoes and think about its implementation.

It's a vast improvement on RO's wound system, and I'm really pleased it's in the game.

I simply do not think 'bandageable' wounds should feature in the game.

Well that's too bad, innit? ;)

Reactions: Overtype
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.