• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Binoculars with deployed MG?

Felix Ostheim

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 9, 2005
Ohio, United States
I'm curious if it's known yet whether or not MG gunners will have binoculars? I hope so, and if so it would be great if the MG gunner could bring them up while deployed. From what I know it would likely be the squad leader with binocs but in practice in the game the squad leader is usually busy with other things.

Last edited:
I actually think the MG2 or maybe 3 should even have the binocs. Despite the fact that we are not working with a 120+ soul strong infantry company.
IMO it would just add a little more realism to the game and furthermore induction to cooperation among teammates.
Communication could take place either via the old local voip or by using a similar system to BF2, which had squad based voip integrated. Meaning that if you are part of the mg crew you can easily voip to adjust the mg fire or to indicate targets.(worked for me like a charm on a couple of maps on RO and DH for ex Noville first axis cap)
Although I also have to admit that I do not expect giant maps with huge killing fields right in the first release and due to the cqb character of Stalingrad.

Finally and now i am loosing focus of the initial idea a bit, if we would already seperate mg1-2-3 they could also be the main ammunition carriees along with the gunner himself. Other allies could as well suplly a mg crew but not without having to specifically take up the ammo at a cache or similar.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the Reibert Info! Couldnt find it myself and was now going after the MG Book by Motor Buch Verlag!
I was just used to having binocs with my MG crew and or also the vice-Squad-leader being with me.
Totally agree based on the sources then to not include the binocs in case to regular MG class. Although I could imagine we could have a distinct MGsquad including a class for ex the vice squad leader who would end up having one.

Upvote 0
Then binoculars should be "unlockable" for MG's, I also think you should be able to leave your MG while its deployed, so you can switch to your pistol faster or not have to undeploy it to use binoculars.

Both good ideas

Maybe a sneaky soldaten privately purchased one because he knew he would need it one day!

To be honest I think a pair of binos would be beyond the finical means of most enlisted men. Maybe more likely from a dead Russian or comrade :(

Upvote 0
Both good ideas

To be honest I think a pair of binos would be beyond the finical means of most enlisted men. Maybe more likely from a dead Russian or comrade :(

I think they were issued everything, I imagine only officers and NCO's would be issued them, but other men would start to use them.

I think depending on how grizzled the unit is should depend on whether or not the MG's get binoculars.

Upvote 0
Then binoculars should be "unlockable" for MG's, I also think you should be able to leave your MG while its deployed, so you can switch to your pistol faster or not have to undeploy it to use binoculars.
Now that would be awesome. I don't see why you couldn't leave your MG on the ground, as you do to any weapon when you die.

Upvote 0