• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Biggest teamkill fail in RO2/Rising Storm?

Nikita

Grizzled Veteran
May 5, 2011
Simple question. What's the unluckiest, funniest, and worst teamkill you've ever gotten in RO2?

My unluckiest: Capping C on Red October Factory as the Russians, I was participating in fierce fighting inside the factory building itself. My Russian allies were bunched up heavily in the back right corner of the building. Up ahead, I noticed a German peek out from behind the flaming T-34 tank, then duck back into cover. I quickly set my PPSh aside, primed a grenade, cooked it for a heartbeat, and sent it on a graceful arc aimed behind the knocked-out tank. Suddenly, I saw the grenade hit a steel rafter and come bouncing back perfectly towards me--I could almost have caught it with my teeth. Killed myself and three teammates, and got a number of team wounds as well. :(

Funniest: This was back during the free weekend when Barashka was released. A T-34 was far behind German lines on their side of the river, turret traversing aimlessly, it's driver clearly quite new and incompetent. I was playing as a German engineer, and I was able to calmly walk up, throw a satchel on its deck, and back away. Just as I was smirking in anticipation of the glorious explosion, I saw a Level 13 German rifleman run up right up to the tank, take careful aim, and begin firing uselessly at the turret from point-blank range. Before I could even reach for the press-to-talk button to warn him off, the satchel charge exploded and flung the bleeding torso that was what remained of poor Fritz a good twenty paces.

Worst teamkill: Marked artillery on the tree three feet in front of me once as a German Commander on Fallen Fighters. After getting session banned for the ludicrous amount of teamkills, I have never failed to check my map before calling in artillery since.

Unluckiest: I was playing Russians on Apartments and I was running past B bridge on the left into the apartmets that lead to the broken hole in the wall where the German stationary MG fires into. I had a primed grenade to clear out the room ahead and I had it cooked dangerously close with 3 teammates behind me. A random MG round through the wall caught me right in the beak and I dropped the nade and killed everyone.

Funniest: I was in a bush in a vegetated area on Eastern side toward D on Peleliu as Japs and my teammate and I chased an American into there and he managed to escape but we didn't know it and we ended up chasing each other, hip firing our entire clips in the bushes and we killed each other haha. Felt so stupid.

Worst: Was on Pavlov's House as Russians and we were capping E towards the end of the game and we had run out of reinforcements and we were just about to cap the objective and my teammate comes flying around the corner towards the top of the stairs and I blew his head off and lost us the objective and I think game. lol. I just said "and" a lot in that explanation, my apologies.

Upvote 0
From the last free weekend, I was playing TL on Kessel. We fought tooth and nail to get to the final objective, and started capping 2 seconds before the clock ran out - Overtime!

While laying prone in the objective aiming out towards where the enemy should approach, watching the cap bar climb slowly, with only 1 second left until victory...TK'd!

We lost the match.

Upvote 0
Another satchel play

Another satchel play

A couple days ago I'm playing Betio as Engineer and we're taking the final objective where the satchel target is on the roof. I had never played this far in the map before, so I thought I could throw the satchel from the second storey. I walk out onto the roof and pop my satchel. Then I look up, realize I can't reach the antenna with the satchel, so I toss it off the roof to save my life. Turns out the balcony is directly over the main entrance to the building. Instant TK kicked.

Upvote 0
Worst teamkill: Marked artillery on the tree three feet in front of me once as a German Commander on Fallen Fighters. After getting session banned for the ludicrous amount of teamkills, I have never failed to check my map before calling in artillery since.

HA HA!
Were you able to get a FORCE RESPAWN in before the Session Ban???

Great Thread

Upvote 0
First spawn on Station. I was SL. I switched to smoke grenade during the pause before play. I immediately tossed the smoke nade to the ground to both prevent my smoke being used by the attackers and to hopefully provide cover for freshly spawning defenders.

... at least that was the theory. I had actually pressed 5 by mistake instead of 4 and so I'd switched to binocs. And as you no doubt know the toss nade button is melee attack with the binocs. Needless to say it was difficult trying to explain to someone how I'd managed to accidentally tk them with binocs in spawn :eek:.

Upvote 0
First spawn on Station. I was SL. I switched to smoke grenade during the pause before play. I immediately tossed the smoke nade to the ground to both prevent my smoke being used by the attackers and to hopefully provide cover for freshly spawning defenders.

... at least that was the theory. I had actually pressed 5 by mistake instead of 4 and so I'd switched to binocs. And as you no doubt know the toss nade button is melee attack with the binocs. Needless to say it was difficult trying to explain to someone how I'd managed to accidentally tk them with binocs in spawn :eek:.

Did you get the achievement for getting a binoc kill?

Upvote 0
Was playing on coldsteel as a machine gunner, I was about to walk through a door when i russian popped his head around. I hip fired my mg and caught him in the leg. He quickly ducked back around to bandage, i pulled out my pistol and rushed forward for the kill. I turned the corner and fired a single round right into the chest of the german who had just stabbed him.

Upvote 0
On Cold steel, twb's campaign server attacking as russians. Our team was quite mad and flaming each other already because the time was almost over and we were still trying to get the first cap and the german side was once again playing really good. Our squad was trying to flank from the left instead of attacking the building. Behind the destroyed walls at the left side of A, I was throwing a grenade over the the walls (easiest nade ever) but just as I was releasing the mouse button to throw the cooked nade, an enemy grenade blew just right behind me not killing me but "pushing" me closer to the wall and that caused my grenade to hit the wall in front of me and bounce right to my teammates advancing on the left flank.. Needless to say, no-one of those three teamkilled believed my explanation.

That was my unluckiest, but also the funniest tk fail

Last edited:
Upvote 0