• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Better Inventory Management System

Edgar

Sep 9, 2019
Inventory management is key. After years playing the game I've amassed a ton of various items, items which are repeatedly difficult to find in the current inventory screen. There is no way to organise what you own and there is no way search for specific things in it, either. I came back to play KF2 after a long period of inactivity and found it very difficult to remember and locate what items and such that I actually owned. For example, buying a pack of Halloween items if you already own one or two from the set: the lion's share of Halloween items from the set would be placed at the end of the inventory but the pieces you already owned will stay somewhere far further up.

For comparison, Team Fortress 2 has had a more user-friendly inventory system since 2008. You're able to see 50 items at once as opposed to KF2's 15, you can manually search your inventory and you can organise it in a number of different ways. In KF2, if for example, I want to check which Vault skins I own, I will need to painstakingly scroll slowly through my inventory top to bottom picking out manually individual skins among many, as compared to two clicks.

TL;DR the following changes may make KF2's inventory more accessible and user-friendly:
  • An additional inventory filter 'search' option
  • An option to change the number of items viewable per row / per page
  • The introduction of sorting methods, for example:
    • organise cosmetics inventory by character / equip region;
    • organise skin inventory by wear / perks;
    • organise inventory by rarity / release date (event) / marketability for all categories.
Thank you!
Edgar