• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Beta weapon impressions

flashn00b

Feb 1, 2011
Incoming copy-paste of the exact same thread i made on Steam

VLAD-1000 (Rebalanced)
It's actually servicable on the Berserker and even better on Support. I dunno how to feel about its performance on Support to the point where I still question whether or not the VLAD should be a cross-perk weapon. I still think i'd rather a bayonetted M1 Garand replace the VLAD's role as an early game ranged weapon for the Berserker, considering that the VLAD being good on Zerker means that it's a tad too good on Support

HRG Nailgun
The fact that it's a SWAT weapon is already a red flag. Nails feel too weak and the shotgun mode seems a bit pointless. Somehow worse than the VLAD-1000 even before its buffs

Buckshots
A singular buckshot makes for a pretty good early-game weapon, though dual-wielding feels like a deathwish more often than not. Strangely enough, the dual shotgun pistols seem to perform better on the Survivalist than Support, though that's probably because you're likely also carrying an RPG-7, Medic Pistol and Hemoclobber. I think it might be worth it to balance the dual pistols as a Gunslinger Tier 5 with the singular pistol acting as a Support cross perk

Healthrower
Don't often get a chance to play medic in online games since I'm usually going as the team's Berserker or Demolitionist. As a weapon on its own right, it's pretty bad and I feel like the best way to fix it is to have it count as a Firebug weapon first and a Medic weapon second. Yes, i know it doesn't exactly shoot flames, though i'm sure a spray cannon that heals people would be nice to have alongside the Helios Rifle. I wouldn't dismiss the Healthrower too early since i imagine it'd be extremely effective at healing players who keep dodging your darts.

Last edited: