• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta for Logitech G15 Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beta for Logitech G15 Keyboard

For those of you lucky enough to have one of the Logitech G15 keyboards, we have a little surprise: we have been working on an implementation of the G15 for Red Orchestra: Ostfront, which is now ready for people to try out, in Beta form. Please do remember that this is a Beta test and it is possible there may still be bugs in the implementation.

The implementation provides native support for the G15, giving 4 different modes on the LCD, switchable just by pressing the LCD "soft buttons". These four modes are:

Mode 1: Player and vehicle status
Mode 2: Objective list and status for the current map
Mode 3: Player scores
Mode 4: Net stats

If you own a G15 and would like to try this out, please follow these instructions:

1. Close Steam.
2. Locate the shortcut to launch Steam on your desktop (if there isn’t a Steam shortcut create one).
3. Add -beta roG15 to the command line that launches steam. Example: “C:\Program Files\Steam\steam.exe” -beta roG15.
4. Launch Steam, the update will be downloaded and installed automatically.
5. Launch Red Orchestra and try it out!

If you do find any bugs, please log them by clicking HERE! Also, if you have any other feedback, ideas and suggestions, please click HERE!

Ah, I found out what the problem was. You're actually supposed to put "-beta roG15", but I guess when he made the post and pasted the command line, something just got screwed up with the display for the character. Kind of like how it messes up the text for quotation marks in the page title of your browser.

Please edit that, Wilsonam. :)

Upvote 0
Ok, I tried it out. This is a neat little utility but i'm not sure how useful it will be to me personally. All the information that is really pertenant when actually playing is already displayed on the screen. I prefer to use my G-15 for other apps such as teamspeak, ram/cpu usage ,net speed and so forth.

Why look down at my keyboard for that particular info when i'm already looking at it on the screen? This app will be quite useful to people who like to keep an eye on packet loss and do not like displaying their HUD and so forth but for me I like seeing who is talking on my TS channel or even just the clock display(I play with the lights off in the room).

Dont get me wrong! its a neat app and I'm glad that more profiles are being created for this keyboard. Anyone thinking about getting a G-15 I highly recommend it..not just for the display features but extra 18 keys help too,great for setting up profiles for individual games. Anyways that was my first impression looking forward to see what other people think.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.