• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Best way to kill Patty

Why does everyone like using the AA12 against him?
For a spraying weapon, doesn't the SCAR have better single-target DPS?

Anyways, I like to be a Medic with a Xbow and MP7m. You can keep the team alive while doing a nice amount of damage, or, after the team has died, you'll have a chance at soloing him.

Upvote 0
Just a few anecdotes probably more valuable as entertainment than tactics.

The second worst attempt I've seen in recent memory:

Office. Everyone just put up this huge pile of pipes on some rubble just outside the ground floor shop, in the long corridor.

Four guys with lasered M14s standing on top of the pile of pipes. In sight of the outside of the building where the patty spawned.

It took one rocket to take out the four of them.

The worst:

Patty spawns in the little alleyway in WestLondon, about 10 yards away from me, as I was just about to drop a pipe in that alley before the time ran out. I go in and drop it anyway... without leaving enough time to exit the alcove and not get blasted by the rocket.

The best:

Sometime after I do that, the survivors (about three - I recall a couple other guys did the guard-the-pipe-pile thing) hole themselves up in the church and after a spectacularly noisy, explosive firefight, finish him off with the LAW from the pulpit, straight down the aisle.

It was like something out of a movie and I only wish I had something like YouTube - ‪Two Steps From Hell-Dragon Rider‬‎ playing at the time.

Honourable mention 1:

Farm. We're trying to get the Merry Men achievement (which ultimately failed since we had pipes dropped everywhere from previous waves). Five guys stalking around outside the little house, me camping inside with one door welded (I didn't do it) and one open, along with a couple windows to shoot out of. Patty cuts down 3-4 guys over the next couple heals, he starts coming after me. He corners me inside and I just wail away at him with the xbow hoping at least I'd get him to waste a heal before I died.

What actually happens is that he thrashes me within an inch of my life, then cloaks and runs off - straight into the other survivor who just walked in the open door.

Honourable mention 2:

Similar setup to the second worst, but with competent players. Pipes are in a trail and everyone is in the stairwell or deeper in, out of get-targeted-rocket-destroys-pipes range. Patty comes in, takes the pipes, a few guys get behind him and set him on fire. Patty runs past us, the katana-wielding medic and the firebug frantically chase him up (while he's still on fire) while everyone else follows. We manage to corner him just before the roof, medic starts wailing on him with the katana, and I must say I did quite some damage before he eventually shredded me and made a break for the roof where everyone surrounded him and took him down.

I think everyone else might have been at perfect health at the end of it.

Upvote 0
Highly effective an FUN:

6x Chainsaws
Close a door but don't weld it.
Everyone stand on inside of door.
When door opens surround him.
Use alt-fire. Hit his head as much as you can.
If you are knocked back, run forward to surround again.

You might lose a guy. Two if things are bad. It's possible to do it without losing anyone though.

Upvote 0