• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Best and worst of suggestion - Look here before posting

Parachuting? Well it was in Jucha at Mod times when I wondered why the Russians spawn on the ground and do not paradrop. This feature would make Jucha interesting for once, as it was an annoying map. I always hated it. :p

EDIT: Get the Flare arty in here and hand held ones: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=42001

Euhm as far as I know jucha didn't have parachuting at least not when I played the mod, the map with parachuting and massive turkey shooting was iron annie.

Upvote 0
Yeah Jucha had no parachuting sadly cause the USSR forces were the 2nd NKVD Paratrooper Regiment, I always wondered why.

Well Iron Annie was a turkey shooting as Axis forces dropped at the same location all the time. Imagine if you could steer your parachute like in MoH Airborne! Then you could really land throughout the map. But Airborne had no damage involved for bad landings this would need to be changed for HoS. So the player needs to press "space" at a certain time to avoid an accidentially prone one. :)

Upvote 0
Server countdown when unpausing (I put that in the COMMUNITY SUPPORT section)

alternative capture system

Removing spawnprotection
once the enemy team is out of reinforcements.
all by Zet

checking MG ammo
by looking at belt or drum Magazine
by Redguardist

Wirecutters for engineer class

Uniform variety:
soviet plasch palatka/german Zeltbahnen (ponchos)

added. have a nice day! :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Many of these are superficial suggestions. Not much difference if you see a different bash animation, or if there is a button to look at your ammo.

I think a button to see how much ammo you have is too complex for a game. The essence of this is glancing at your vest, so why should you press a button? I would rather have a number at bottom right of the screen at which I could look at any time. Some things are best as they were in RO:OST.

With all that said, I want to add that "lockdown" as I understand it is not a good idea. In the video that TWI showed, the defenders can lock down one of the objectives if they are doing well. That means that the attackers are left with no options, but to attack the other remaining objective and this reduces the game to a single chokepoint. The game needs to be dynamic and offer options and even if defenders are doing well, their only reward should be that attackers' reinforcements are depleted.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Many of these are superficial suggestions. Not much difference if you see a different bash animation, or if there is a button to look at your ammo.

I think a button to see how much ammo you have is too complex for a game. The essence of this is glancing at your vest, so why should you press a button? I would rather have a number at bottom right of the screen at which I could look at any time. Some things are best as they were in RO:OST.

With all that said, I want to add that "lockdown" as I understand it is not a good idea. In the video that TWI showed, the defenders can lock down one of the objectives if they are doing well. That means that the attackers are left with no options, but to attack the other remaining objective and this reduces the game to a single chokepoint. The game needs to be dynamic and offer options and even if defenders are doing well, their only reward should be that attackers' reinforcements are depleted.

What is the issue of pressing a button for all the hud info. For magazine information. But for bullet information within a magazine i would rather have an individual bullet like weighting of the magazine / looking at the belt of the mg.

Lockdown afaik means that if the defenders hold a cap for 5 minutes that the entire map is won by the defenders.

Upvote 0
keep the gun upright when leaning to the left and right, the sights were only made for horizontal use as only then the bullet drop will be compensated. RO Ostfront's way is wrong as you'll miss.
Leaning ability to the left and to the right must be much fewer as your body mustn't be out of balance as you fire a weapon or else you'll be thrown to the ground. I've tried this with a Kar98k, so I know it doesn't work that way and hurts quite good ;)

Get that on the list as it needs fixing.

Upvote 0
I will tell you a story:
In 1944, with the Nazi army fastly retreating out of Soviet territory, 2 times Hero of Soviet Union Alexander Pokrishkin was looking for a new field to deploy his squadron closer to the west front. He saw an square of recently removed and flatted earth near a burned out village, about 200m long and 6m wide. he understood it was some kind of airstrip and tried to land his fighter on it. His surprise was tha the landing gear buried almost completelly in soft, removed earth... he outed the plane and found that it was no landing strip, but an enormous mass grave!!! hundreds of villagers were buried there!!!
Taken from Pokrishkin memories.

So what about the glorious Katyn massacre of Polish troops
and Im sure you havent heard of Soviet troops dressing up as SS (ahead of the advancing Red Army) and shooting up villages, to further turn people against the Germans and speed up Third Reich's downfall.

The war in the east, was one against communism.
Half of eastern Europe, and many western European countries formed entire SS divisions to go off and slow down the spread of communism.

It's not the Germans that comitted every single atrocity. It was the entire Axis forces. The Germans werent alone.

uninformed people call any black shirt wearing Schuma battalion , SS.
Ustasa of Croatia were also often mistaken for SS.
Thus mutliplying the number of atrocities acredited to the Waffen SS. Which was fighting on the frontline.

dumb parrots

Upvote 0
As HOS is now coming this year I thought it would be a nice idea to look back
and see
how many of the ideas in my thread made it in the game.

Looking at the Tank-suggestions I feel my selection was very good, as half of the ideas will be realized in the game!
:)
(and hopefully many of the Infantry suggestions will be included, too)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As HOS is now coming this year I thought it would be a nice idea to look back
and see
how many of the ideas in my thread made it in the game.

Looking at the Tank-suggestions I feel my selection was very good, as half of the ideas will be realized in the game!
:)
(and hopefully many of the Infantry suggestions will be included, too)

Yeah, I bet TWI was like: OMG we totally forgot about the tanks, let's check what the forum dudes have posted and implement that really quickly.

They will probably do a last minute rewrite of the infantry part too :p
[/s]

Upvote 0