• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Begginner Poundamonium: why the hate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think alot of emphasis was put on the perks because thats whats been really great right now for gaming, the RPG elements in a shooter - CoD, Fallout3, Bioshock, etc. the perks can exist without this whole hassle of people cheating and ruining other ppls game.

KF mod had the perk system right:

your perk level is saved to the server. so every server you go to you have to earn your perk back again. this makes it alot more fun because you still get the thrill of being in danger, and you also get the thrill of working to something. then once you get your perk, thats it, theres no Lvl 2, or 3, etc. you either have a perk or you dont. this gives you a little advantage but not enough to make you god.

problem is, its too late to go back to this system. so the only way is to start removing some of these mutators from the whitelist. OR, the server owners actually check in now and then to see if things are A-OK.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Pay attention:

Noob plays mutator to level up really fast.

Noob joins Suicidal server while being void of all talent

Pro joins same server as Noob

Being a co-op game, Noob kills everyone else by raging fleshpounds with bullpups, jumping in front of sharpshooters, and not killing a damn thing

Pro is killed

Pro is effected

Also, do you know how hard it is to find a game on suicidal that isn't doom2-level or defence-bLevel?

Let alone one that isn't a sharpfest with m14 spam?

The game, the whitelist(map and mutator), and the players all need some serious work.

And it appears some moderators do as well :p

come on now.....a 4 point infraction for the statement in bold because it
Insulted Other Member(s)
let's get serious here mr. "mean moderator", that is stretching it quite a bit considering the overall tone of that individual post, your posts, and the thread in general. if he is guilty of "intentional spite" towards a moderator because of that then one could say you are equally guilty of flamebaiting from these statements:

:rolleyes: And the unfounded paranoia has started to run wild.

The fact that you guys are so upset over a mutator that in no way affects you unless you personally choose to play it, is beyond hilarious.
Oh, and how exactly are you going to accomplish that?

or maybe this one....should i report this post because i felt it "insulted" me:

Who really gives a crap?

let's not hold a double standard here. ;)

as for the topic, the first 11 lines of anthracy's post is a great example. in addition to that, all players have signed the EULA stating that they would not cheat. some of us see people cheating and exploiting the game and we know it's going on a lot in this game. some of us have standards and believe in ethics even if it's "just a game" and we are not afraid to address the issue in public.

considering we've seen TW make the efforts they have to prevent game exploitation, this issue is another thing that should be addressed to ensure fair play.

Upvote 0
I've closed this thread and I will allow the conversation to continue in the new thread. Do not let it get out of hand. It was moved out of view earlier for review btw. If you have any question about why a thread might have moved, please contact a moderator. They will be glad to advise you if the thread has been eaten by internet trolls (it is known to happen occasionally in VB) or if it has been moved into the moderator area for any reason.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.