• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Begginner Poundamonium: why the hate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There has been a current trend in Killing Floor towards Begginer Poundamonium Servers. This is much, much more difficult than the average begginer game, and is very intense. In it, you will have basically infinite money after the first round, due to the number of Fleshpounds killed. Surviving the first round, however, is quite difficult, especially for those who do not begin with a weapon. After that, you fight with whatever weapons you want, but are swarmed with huge amounts of only fleshpounds. This sounds easier on paper. Even experienced players can get killed by them. If the squad is filled, it can reach to 150 Fleshpounds in a wave. So, in summary, it is a very intense, difficult game.

Also, it gives players a new level of intensity. This has, for a number of players, acted as a new passtime, especially those that find the average game boring after a while. Fleshpounds give some very good gameplay that cannot be given by normal specimens.

But, unfortunatley, theres always those who will try to use this to grind perks up by cheating tactics. Those players usually get massacred once they try to play the normal game without said gltiches and cheap tricks, but they still do it. These players have been causing outrage among the communities, as some non-poundamonium players want to get rid of perks for poundamonium, while us that just want to play using this high-intensity mutator don't want to be robbed of our perks. Seriously, the cheaters will always use cheap tricks for perks, and, in this case, they are the minority on poundamonium servers. But trying to destroy a perfectly viable game mode just to get at the occaisonal cheater who will be destroyed when he tries the normal game anyways, is just wrong. Let them be killed when they try the normal game. And let us please pit ourselves against hordes of fleshpounds and not have to worry about switching between modes in order to level our perks to fight said fleshpounds.

It's an insanely easy way to level Support and Demolitions. Especially as Demolitions.

Getting a little crazy? Set pipebombs. Two grenades will kill anything.

You can make sure those FPS don't even get within 100 feet of you because of their Two-shot kill nature.. I call that easy, or rather, FOR BEGINNERS.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ah defense of my ideas

Ah defense of my ideas

2 things.

1)there has been some talk, especially in ideas and suggestions, about taking poundamonium off the perks list

2) yeah, the pipebombs are often used by some, but nonetheless, you dont have enough pipebombs to kill 150 Fleshpounds (unless you have an all-demolations team, or one that is attempting to go on total defensive). And, also, note that you often see people get carried away with pipebomb, and exploding the moment a fleshpound happens to flank them or become enraged.) I know that many see this as solely for begginers, but the thrills of it make it terrifically fun nonetheless

Upvote 0
poundamonium ain't the issue...the issue is that maps with exploits that allow you to use them as leveling maps.

however, beginner and poundamonium shouldn't mix. a player on beginner should be a level2 at tops. a level2 should be using a tier2 weapon at most. no level2 spawns with ANY weapon, so if it starts out with all FP, how are these guys with only 9mms and knives making it past the first wave???

Upvote 0
poundamonium ain't the issue...the issue is that maps with exploits that allow you to use them as leveling maps.

however, beginner and poundamonium shouldn't mix. a player on beginner should be a level2 at tops. a level2 should be using a tier2 weapon at most. no level2 spawns with ANY weapon, so if it starts out with all FP, how are these guys with only 9mms and knives making it past the first wave???

it's fairly easy with just a 9mm if you heal each other and pick up ammo

Upvote 0

Here's the dilemma: while disabling poundemonium on beginner would remove that issue plus quick leveling, using the mutator on normal and beyond would prove nearly impossible to handle even for most level 6 perks. I have yet to see a non-beginner server with poundemonium(I've seen a suicidal poundemonium server but the players were using a farm glitch that's now fixed) Save those who can stand getting killed by hordes of fleshpounds over and over, no one would use the mutator.

edit: ok, maybe not impossible, but everyone would have to use an xbow, or m14 for ss, which wouldn't be so fun.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There has been a current trend in Killing Floor towards Begginer Poundamonium Servers. This is much, much more difficult than the average begginer game, and is very intense. In it, you will have basically infinite money after the first round, due to the number of Fleshpounds killed. Surviving the first round, however, is quite difficult, especially for those who do not begin with a weapon. After that, you fight with whatever weapons you want, but are swarmed with huge amounts of only fleshpounds. This sounds easier on paper. Even experienced players can get killed by them. If the squad is filled, it can reach to 150 Fleshpounds in a wave. So, in summary, it is a very intense, difficult game.

Also, it gives players a new level of intensity. This has, for a number of players, acted as a new passtime, especially those that find the average game boring after a while. Fleshpounds give some very good gameplay that cannot be given by normal specimens.

But, unfortunatley, theres always those who will try to use this to grind perks up by cheating tactics. Those players usually get massacred once they try to play the normal game without said gltiches and cheap tricks, but they still do it. These players have been causing outrage among the communities, as some non-poundamonium players want to get rid of perks for poundamonium, while us that just want to play using this high-intensity mutator don't want to be robbed of our perks. Seriously, the cheaters will always use cheap tricks for perks, and, in this case, they are the minority on poundamonium servers. But trying to destroy a perfectly viable game mode just to get at the occaisonal cheater who will be destroyed when he tries the normal game anyways, is just wrong. Let them be killed when they try the normal game. And let us please pit ourselves against hordes of fleshpounds and not have to worry about switching between modes in order to level our perks to fight said fleshpounds.

On beginner, I can out-WALK a raged Fleshpound. And if you have armor, it takes upwards of 4-5 hits to kill you. It's not really hard at all if you have room to move around, especially if you have a gun-spawning perk for Wave 1. It's basically just free leveling, ESPECIALLY for support/demos who get all the damage with none of the danger.

Now, Poundamonium on Normal is pretty hard and is actually a viable mode of play, IMO. And Poundamonium on Hard/Suicidal is crazy. But on beginner? It's power-leveling mode.

Upvote 0
On beginner, I can out-WALK a raged Fleshpound. And if you have armor, it takes upwards of 4-5 hits to kill you. It's not really hard at all if you have room to move around, especially if you have a gun-spawning perk for Wave 1. It's basically just free leveling, ESPECIALLY for support/demos who get all the damage with none of the danger.

Now, Poundamonium on Normal is pretty hard and is actually a viable mode of play, IMO. And Poundamonium on Hard/Suicidal is crazy. But on beginner? It's power-leveling mode.

on normal or above, it's pretty much impossible. you can't get past the first wave.

the only way this mutator works is on beginner, cuz it still is rather difficult to beat even though its on beginner.

the only time it isn't difficult is when somebody is stuffed into a corner with a medic healing them while they funnel the fp's one by one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
again what i'm saying is BEGINNER. you shouldn't be playing on beginner as anything over level2. as a level2 anything, it's near impossible to get past the first wave on beginner unless you get some nice pickups.

it's pretty clear that people use it for leveling. nobody as a beginner should be attempting poundamonium and i highly doubt any do. if you could actually test it, you'd find that the large majority of times poundamonium is played on beginner is played by mid-high level perks looking to level and farm.

Upvote 0
Well, it's easy to grind damage since all you need to do is play on an open map with Bloat-ed enabled, at any difficulty (hard seems to work the best). If you want to grind welding points then play on normal with Poundamonium and find somewhere you can hold just by welding one door (the gate in KF-WestLondon seems to be good as once you've cleared out all the enemies down below the remaining ones are just at the other side of the gate). Although, this may be too hard if you don't already have a high enough level to weld fast enough. In which case I'd suggest a different mutator or just playing a regular game. If you want to grind heal points simply have someone help you kill all but one enemy in a wave, and constantly heal them while they are being attacked...

So what kind of grinding are you guys trying to prevent by wanting levelling disabled on beginner, or having certain maps removed from the whitelist?

I'd rather the perk requirements were simply changed so that they require skill and much less grinding, so that proper games would have to be played (the commando is the only thing that currently requires regular games be played). But, I think we'll all agree that it's a bit late for this. Perhaps if TWI ever decide to replace or reset the perks, they'll think about doing this.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.