• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Battlefield 3 Beta Details Beta offer is contingent on Beta availability within 12 months of Medal of Honor release. Beta will be available for a limited time only and offer expires upon close of Beta events. Participation in Beta requires acceptance of Beta Agreement. Must be 18+. Xbox GOLD membership required for Xbox users. Check this site for further details when available.
Awwwwwww yep there it is. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Well I guess its about time. I've enjoyed not having to be worried about having the latest hardware over the past 5 or so years (other than with Cyrsis or ArmA) but I won't mind some new impressive engines and technology. I kind of miss the excitement of the rolling out of the latest and greatest engines like UE2 to 3, Source, and the Doom3 engine. It seems once consoles took priority that all died off.

Reactions: DraKon2k
Upvote 0
Wow, that IS a first. Almost no one has had the balls to make a game for PC that isn't DX9 compatible because no one wants to lose out on the lower end side of the market. I guess this is another one of those seismic shifts in gaming.

I'm still thinking about the possibility of next consoles arriving next christmas. I mean next Xbox and maybe Wii 2. It would make sense to me, E3 to hype, some Microsoft thing is held somewhere end of the year and best sale time for electronic devices.

Crytek are already preparing their next generation engine or so I remember. Dice is after all speaking of engine 2 and how it is focused on DX11, not just pc version but the whole engine.

Upvote 0
I'm still thinking about the possibility of next consoles arriving next christmas. I mean next Xbox and maybe Wii 2. It would make sense to me, E3 to hype, some Microsoft thing is held somewhere end of the year and best sale time for electronic devices.

Crytek are already preparing their next generation engine or so I remember. Dice is after all speaking of engine 2 and how it is focused on DX11, not just pc version but the whole engine.

Very doubtful considering Microsoft is focusing on Natal and PS3 just hit its stride.

Upvote 0
Yeah. I remember the time frame of this gen's consoles, from rumor to hype to delivery, was two years at least.

I've heard murmurs about Nextbox, but that's it. So if they rolled out the hype machine like....today, they would barely make next Christmas. And considering how Sony and MS rushed into this gen of consoles, I'm thinking they might take a more measured response. Maybe.

That said, looking at the average life span of consoles....this gen is on its way out in the next few years.

Upvote 0
Well I guess its about time. I've enjoyed not having to be worried about having the latest hardware over the past 5 or so years (other than with Cyrsis or ArmA) but I won't mind some new impressive engines and technology. I kind of miss the excitement of the rolling out of the latest and greatest engines like UE2 to 3, Source, and the Doom3 engine. It seems once consoles took priority that all died off.
I feel the same. As much as I like being able to still play any game on high settings with my 2007 computer(cept for the HD5770), it's about time for some graphical progress. If we look in the past and compare it with todays status then we can say that there was barely any progress in the last 2-3 years. Of course the technological advancement comes with sacrifice as people will have to buy new hardware but in the end oh well.

Upvote 0

Look's like another totally generic shooter. Narrow maps, no brain in combat, tons of same looking same stuff doing enemies...
Every new and unique feature gets lost in with the repetive gameplay. Totally killed my expectations of this game.

It does look good in the first video when they are in the town. I like the smoothness and cartoon like graphics. But it's still really narrow and small map shooter, so I woudn't call it that impressive.

Reactions: Murphy
Upvote 0
I feel the same. As much as I like being able to still play any game on high settings with my 2007 computer(cept for the HD5770), it's about time for some graphical progress. If we look in the past and compare it with todays status then we can say that there was barely any progress in the last 2-3 years. Of course the technological advancement comes with sacrifice as people will have to buy new hardware but in the end oh well.

BC2 was the first game that's REALLY stretched my computer in a very long time. I actually added a second 4870 so that I could have a slightly easier time with it.

Upvote 0
I just went and rebought BF2, just for the mods FH2 and PR. That's how good pc fps games work. They are dying breed.

I have to take some of this back.

I can't even play/install this POS anymore. I spent last 2 hours installing this, finding fixes, trying fixes, installing again, and nothing. It gives me no valid cd-key on BF2 and Special forces. Tried some of the fixes found on different forums, but still nothing and this doesn't seem to be any small problem as it seems to be fairly common when I browsed the support sections. Clean install just out of the box, didn't even apply the newest patch, just the regular stuff it forces you to install(1.4 patch) and bam...no change.

I had forgotten what kind of mess BF2 was with its patches and problems, I'm clueless what to do and really annoyed. Only things I can play are unranked matches, which suprise suprise seems to be very popular now.

I have played some BC2 again and I found a real joy gun to play it. M14, good in long range and fairly good mid-range. Can take many by suprise when they are not constantly shaked by some assault rifles so they don't really understand that they are about to die, just standing there and trying to counter shoot me. Only met 1 other guy who used this gun. Downside is that you have to hit 3 times to kill someone, unless you hit head and even then it's not kill for sure.

Upvote 0
Er...there should be one master patch for BF2 now, and one for SF. The order, IIRC, is install BF2, install SF, patch SF, patch BF. Or do absolutely nothing if you bought it all on Steam.

BF2 did have some pretty heinous patching in the past...but after releasing all the content packs in one patch, that pretty much went away.

Upvote 0
Er...there should be one master patch for BF2 now, and one for SF. The order, IIRC, is install BF2, install SF, patch SF, patch BF. Or do absolutely nothing if you bought it all on Steam.

BF2 did have some pretty heinous patching in the past...but after releasing all the content packs in one patch, that pretty much went away.

The problem however is not the install, but that the BF2 can't read my cd-key, which was broken with these patches. I bought the complete edition and install it straight from it, it does everything like you said the installing, but just can't comprehend it. I can play BF2 if I don't install these patches just fine and even on unranked servers without problem with the patches. It's a ridicilous problem, I have been trying to fix this with no results.

You also need 1.41 patch before 1.5 even if you only have BF2 installed, without it it just crashes.

Upvote 0
Yeah, unfortunately the Steam integration of Battlefield ****ed a lot of things up, particularly for people that bought the complete, offline package. Games with big overarching account systems, and multiple dependent expansions have never jived with Steam well when they're added retroactively. Company of Heroes is the exact same bull****.

You also need 1.41 patch before 1.5 even if you only have BF2 installed, without it it just crashes.
Hrm, I don't remember it being this way, but it's been awhile. Hey, I just built a new system, I need to install BF2 again anyways. Guess I'll find out which it is.

Upvote 0