• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

The game is a semi-futuristic game, not semi-vintage :p
In which case there will be no XM8's anyway as the project has been dropped, most likely it would be M16A4's with a HK416 upper, just my guess but I bet it'll come true.

The Ruskies also use the AKS-74 I believe which is basically a modernized version of the AK-74 and the AEK is not even in something approaching regular issue.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In which case there will be no XM8's anyway as the project has been dropped, most likely it would be M16A4's with a HK416 upper, just my guess but I bet it'll come true.

The Ruskies also use the AKS-74 I believe which is basically a modernized version of the AK-74 and the AEK is not even in something approaching regular issue.

How do you know that it hasn't been reintroduced in the future? :p

My point was that it's completely logical that the russian army is not using the AK-47 or AKM in the game, while the US army might use the XM8. You can come up with more reasons for that than for AKM usage.

Upvote 0
i think Bad Company and Modern Warfare are in competiton for who has the most futuristic weapons, which is why we dont see a AK47 in BC2.

I wouldn't call them futuristic, as they all exist in real life, as I'm sure you know. It's more of a present-day or near-future alternate reality where the XM8 project hasn't been dropped and has been made the standard infantry rifle for the US military. And if I'm not mistaken the Russians carry the AN-94 (haven't played singleplayer yet). the AEK-971 is widespread in this alternate reality as well.

It's really more of an originality thing I think. Either way, those are more interesting to have than the AKM or AK-74. I guess they could have added those, but then you'd need more NATO weapons, too.

Upvote 0
Well considering the fact that the M16 is in the game, and the old A2 version at that, I think that just means that certain special forces groups, like B Company, have adopted the XM8 (and if its standard issue it would be called M8, not XM8). But for all we know the XM8 could be a worthless piece of crap, compared to other systems based on or intended to replace the M16/M4 family of ARs. Personally I think DICE just has a fetish for the damn thing - LMG, SMG and an AR version? lol! Either that or they're just plain lazy.

Or maybe it further proves the point that special forces have adopted it as special issue with all its variants. Yet they still choose to call it XM8...

Upvote 0
This game needs much more maps, quickly. There's only 6 Rush maps if I'm right and those are already incredibly repetetive. 70% of the servers seem to be Arica Harbour, and while it's a good map it's just annoying playing it 24/7. The other 15% seem to be Nelson Bay which I hate. Laguna Presa is really awesome in rush though. Still way too few maps.

Upvote 0
This game needs much more maps, quickly. There's only 6 Rush maps if I'm right and those are already incredibly repetetive. 70% of the servers seem to be Arica Harbour, and while it's a good map it's just annoying playing it 24/7. The other 15% seem to be Nelson Bay which I hate. Laguna Presa is really awesome in rush though. Still way too few maps.

Laguna Preza, Port Valdez, and Valparaiso Village are consistently awesome. The others aren't bad and I dont really think there's a bad map in the bunch. I'd say overall the game has more quality maps than alot of titles.

Upvote 0
Yeah, those are my favourites too. If Laguna Preza is that jungle map with the sea. White Pass is awesome too. I like Arica Harbor as long as the attackers destroy the first 2 stations, it shifts into infantry combat then. There are 10 maps IIRC. Not that many, but who knows, maybe they'll add more.

I now have unlocked every class except Recon which I never play. Might try that one out. Currently looking most forward to the G3. Is it better than the M14?

Upvote 0
Def better. It seems like its really inaccurate at closer ranges when you go full auto. And it doesn't seem like it kicks all that much. It just plain doesn't hit what you shoot at it seems like. But you cant beat it for mix of long and shorter range ownage.

Yeah, I now have the G3, I agree. It's awesome. 20 round magazine, full auto, you can fire it semi, high damage, and iron sights that are just as unobtrusive as a red dot sight. I'll probably make this my number one primary for quite a while. :D

Upvote 0
What's even worse is that if you place an ACOG on your assault rifle, and switch to the grenade launcher, the ACOG all of a sudden disappears. Well, that's with the AN-94 at least.

DICE didn't really think of these things, obviously. They shouldn't have called it a "foregrip". It's not like I'm expecting full realism in this game, but come on. The attachment system in BC2 is illogical to say the least.

I don't know why the 4x scope is so popular. Recoil goes all over the place if I try to use it. Iron sights are so much better. Even the M14's sights which most players hate. Having played RO before has its advantages in this game.

Upvote 0