• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

BC2 is a love-hate affair for me. Visuals and sounds are pure bliss and there is nothing like blowing up the enemy cover spots, but I have to get used to the weak weapons and spammy gameplay on tight maps. Jumping off from a moving helicopter and opening the parachute 5 meters above the ground looks retarded aswell, same goes for jumping on the ground. Dice really should've added mantling.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
uuuuuuugh

I can spam 30 mg bullets into a snipers back . .he realises, selects pistol, spins round and i get 3 shotted and die.

Cant figure out the logic in the bullets. ..

Great game, I love being medic and reving my zombie army or engineer and blowing holes in stuff :p I love when you see a sniper at a window and bring out the rpgs :D

Upvote 0
Wish i never bought this crock of ****.

Shoe box maps, halo-esque back stabs when someone gets too close and spammy weapons with no recoil - and this is when it wants to work.

I hate it!

Asda don't do refunds, only exchanges. Wonder if they will exchange it for 30 quids worth of beer?

I should have purchased Stalker: CoP instead.

Your loss

BTW guys I got 30 quid trade-in for MW2 from Gamestation so ended up paying 12 quid for the limited edition version on PS. Get rid of your copy of MW2 now I say, while its still popular!!!

Dice really should've added mantling.

RE this, you can jump over most things with ease! Do you really need to see the animation for it? Pointless eye candy I say!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
uuuuuuugh

I can spam 30 mg bullets into a snipers back . .he realises, selects pistol, spins round and i get 3 shotted and die.

Cant figure out the logic in the bullets. ..

That's why i play on Hardcore servers only. At least its only one with a head shot and 2-4 to the chest. At least you can say they have body armor on that makes a difference. DO which there was a limit on the amount of snipers though sometime is just devolves into a sniper stalemate.

Upvote 0
The one thing I HATE about HC mode is the inability to spot! I love that in normal mode!
NO....tell me it isn't so. I too liked the spotting.

I haven't tried Hardcore yet as it is a b**ch for me to get connected sometimes and BC2 keeps locking my computer midgame. I'm trying to determine if its an O/Cing issue, heat issue, O/S issue or a game issue.

I did have my first battle with comms the other night. That was nice. Finally someone with a mic spoke up. Teamwork went up tenfold....

Upvote 0
BC2 is a love-hate affair for me. Visuals and sounds are pure bliss and there is nothing like blowing up the enemy cover spots, but I have to get used to the weak weapons and spammy gameplay on tight maps. Jumping off from a moving helicopter and opening the parachute 5 meters above the ground looks retarded aswell, same goes for jumping on the ground. Dice really should've added mantling.
I have the same feeling. Sometimes it's awesome, you get in a nice squad, you work togheter and all is well. And then the nxt time you join a game without teamplay, and you notice the horrid weapons damage, and other annoyances. Also, the server browser doesnt show pings for me, which makes it a pain the anus to find a local server.

Upvote 0
Argh, I really can't decide. On one hand the gameplay vids look and sound awesome and fun, but on the other hand the stories about bunnyhopping and people surviving entire mag dumps and then three-shotting you keep me away, because those are exactly the kind of things I don't want in an FPS.

Really difficult.

Well, some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you. I just had one of those mag dump experiences from the other side - not sure how the hell I survived, the guy must have dumped nearly a full belt from a PKM at me - but I got him. I think, honestly, he must have just been spraying, and I took my time and aimed.

A lot of it seems to be recoil, when it comes to the mag dumps and not killing the bastard. When I had the straight rock and roll guns, I'd do a lot of mag dumps, and I'd fail a lot. I've got the AN-94, now - 2-round bursts - and it's been a LOT easier to put them down. Don't have to worry about recoil nearly as bad, and it's a lot easier to control in a rapid-fire situation. There's been a lot fewer 'surprise, I survived!' deaths. :D

Upvote 0