• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Band of Brothers

Many good stuff there. I must say i really enjoyed the winter dug in the forrest with artillery bounding away episodes. And the scene when winters shoots 20 or so germans:eek: the show is so good that even my wifey liked it even tho she dislikes war movies/shows (and likes sex and the city:rolleyes:)

Allso i have to say that the pacific thing was just meh...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Many good stuff there. I must say i really enjoyed the winter dug in the forrest with artillery bounding away episodes. And the scene when winters shoots 20 or so germans:eek: the show is so good that even my wifey liked it even tho she dislikes war movies/shows (and likes sex and the city:rolleyes:)

Allso i have to say that the pacific thing was just meh...

Same thing here, compared to Band of Brothers it just didn't pull me off my chair and throw me at the front:eek:

Upvote 0
I think my dad summed it up pretty well. A lot of the episodes were taking place in the states or even in Australia. It wasn't as jammed packed with action as Band of Brothers was.

Favorite part in "Band of Brothers" for me was in "The Breaking Point" when 1st Lt. Spiers relieves 1st Lt. Dike of command and continues the attack on Foy.

In "The Pacific" it was when the IJA did the charge across the village in Okinawa, I believe.

Upvote 0
I think my dad summed it up pretty well. A lot of the episodes were taking place in the states or even in Australia. It wasn't as jammed packed with action as Band of Brothers was.

Favorite part in "Band of Brothers" for me was in "The Breaking Point" when 1st Lt. Spiers relieves 1st Lt. Dike of command and continues the attack on Foy.

In "The Pacific" it was when the IJA did the charge across the village in Okinawa, I believe.

The autralia\us scenes were so lame and boring and added nothing to the show. The great thing about BOB was that it followed the guys througout the war and the show kinda grew on you. In the pacific u just waited for the spinoff story to end and the japan story to continue:mad:

Upvote 0
I want to know who cast David f'ing Schwimmer. Completely ruined the episodes he was in for me.... realism out the window. :mad:
Someone posted this on Reddit yesterday:

"I know you tried your hardest but no matter what you do you will always be Ross"

GhDtR.jpg

Tho honestly, he didn't bother me at all. At first I was "oh lol look, it's Ross", but I think he did a rather good job.

Upvote 0
Oh I love BoB (and I'm german, so that says something *g* )

I have so many favorite scenes. The plane scene, when they fly over the canal is just epic. I also saw "the pacific" but I dunno. My opinion: Damien Lewis (Winters) and Ron Livingston (Nixon) have such a great chemistry when they have scenes together. Also the cast as a whole works really well, they are all guys, you can really relate to (even this one german pow - I really hated how they portrait the germans in private ryan). In the last episode, you really see "damn this guys really went trough all this!". I never had the same feeling in "the pacific". In my view, boB is the best WW2 movie/series made to this day. Thats all.

ps: I also like the documentary bits with the veterans. It adds alot.

Upvote 0
Own the series on DVD and Blu-Ray. Watched it over New Years without realizing that Major Dick Winters had died. The Blu-Ray version is absolutely a must own.

The acting is superb. Damien Lewis and Ron Livingston are simply the best together and their dialogue is outstanding. The banter between "We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded.the men, especially Guarnere, Malarky, Muck and Penculla, and others is hysterical. There are also so many powerful moments:

"Never put yourself in a position where you can take from these men." -Winters

"The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you're already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function. Without mercy. Without compassion. Without remorse. All war depends upon it." -Spears

"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded." -Winters

I cannot say enough about the film I honestly think it is the greatest mini-series/movie/film about ww2 ever made.

Upvote 0