• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Axis or Allies?

Axis or Allies?

• Allies

Votes: 234 42.7%
  • Axis

Votes: 314 57.3%

• Total voters
You can thank idiot writers and Hollywood for that. They've done a very good job at portraying the Red Army as this disorganized, cheap, mob of thugs who won the war through sheer mass alone.

Meanwhile the Wehrmacht always gets a sterile image of tactical perfection. The model of a modern military that only got beaten because those damn Russians had a few more tanks.

Look at the KDR for just Kursk alone. That in and of itself proves how ruthlessly efficient the Wehrmacht was against a superior numerical force.

Upvote 0
France was considered a major power, remember WW1? It took them a couple of weeks. Five years of fighting against England and it's colonies, the US and Soviet Russian and getting all the way to Moscow, aren't small achievements. A Russian army driven by fear and reprisal, hurled at the enemy till the Germans finally break over a 3 front war and end it in '45. I never saw much awesomeness in the Soviet army, well maybe the IS-2 ;)

I can agree with

Let the dislikes fly, TWI forum.

though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Cue "zomg France" claims.

By 1940 France was bankrupt, broken, and backwards. Construction of fortifications like the Maginot Line as well as the Depression financially ruined France. Things were so bad it didn't even take Nazi Germany's presence for threats of a government collapse prior to the war.

A huge section of French industry and infrastructure had been wrecked from WW1 and were *not* rebuilt. Which was a major reason for possessing the Ruhr. Finally, even though France had "won" the Great War. You wouldn't have known it from people's attitudes. The reality was most French citizens felt like WW1 had been a totally Pyrrhic victory minus the victory part. Many of had lost family members and friends during the war and their was no great urge to participate in the next one. Remember the Strategic Reserve that saved France in World War 1? Can you guess why they didn't have one the next time around?

Finally, France had spent very little time preparing its Army for war because as it turns out, some countries were trying to move on from the Depression without murdering millions and millions of people. Given all these factors its astounding how anyone can think France was a "strong" country during the war.

Five years of fighting against England and it's colonies, the US and Soviet Russian and getting all the way to Moscow, aren't small achievements.

Yes they are. Especially when you realize the things Germans had to give up for the Nazis to turn their country into a slave of the military-industrial machine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Too bad victory wasn't part of that efficient plan.
trollface_small.jpg
. Real generals don't consider "kill/death ratios" like its a video game. Kursk was an utter disaster for Germany, period, regardless of how many kills they got.

Actually statistics are taught at military schools. One of the first things you learn, or I have been told by some 2nd LTs I used to know, is that of force to space ratio. You have to know what weapons you have at hand and their force multiplier effect they bring to bare and the size the enemy unit and their equipment. Then you need to landnav so as to know where spurs, draws and the like are so as to use them to your advantage.

The reason Germans had a difficult time in central and southern Russia was because they couldn't be every where at once and all of the terrain was flat. Poor defense terrain. Now up north, that is a different matter. The Russians had a very difficult time doing anything to Army Group North.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The Russians are coming back but only from people making several accounts or just voting that from friends.

Hail the German army past and present AXIS FTW !!

I dont care wtf you think by the way my whole room is covered in WW2 Germany ;).

Few American civil war flags to the naughty ones xD.
Germany lost, and hated all races except white. This whole community must be white boys haha, cuz im still trying to figure out why axis gets so many votes...

Reactions: Killyouall
Upvote 0