• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Avt40?

I'm confused!

Svt40-1941.jpg

I'm confused, you are saying that ^ has never existed?
:)This is SVT not AVT

Reactions: CopperHead
Upvote 0
So combine light weight with high rate of fire and a powerful round and that equals a gun that has a LOT of recoil :)

You mean something like this?I can already see the love and hate relationship between this weapon and the gamers,although its a sure path to long lasting one LOL :D

YouTube - Avt-40[/URL]

Reactions: Frostedfire
Upvote 0
This thing should have a bigger kick and harder controll problems than the PPSH. Ive shot a Cetme and a M-14 that are 308 Win and didn't this thing even have a bigger round? Both of those gun were about useless after the 3rd round they would go strait up and when you try to bring it down it would throw it off left or right. The M-14's they issued to the navy up to the 1990's (old hand me downs) wisely had the full auto welded off.

Upvote 0
Yep I've seen that video. While the AVT40 has a lot of recoil, that guy is a bit of a noob when firing it. We actually recorded a full auto M14 as a substitute for the firing sound for the AVT40 since they have a similar ROF and caliber/round size. I watched the guy that was the weapon handler dump 20 rounds on full auto without stopping and yes the thing climbed like crazy, but it didn't knock him over and he could keep the gun at least pointed in the right general direction :) Granted this guy has about 30 years experience firing fully automatic weapons constantly, and actually trains military people on the use of non-US firearms. So he's basically the elite of the elite at handling these things. He's like the "hero" soldier at weapon handling ;)

Reactions: Snuffeldjuret
Upvote 0
youtube video
[/URL]
I always love to watch idiots fire weapons. Its so refreshing. :rolleyes: That video is like the one with the guy firing the Eagle 50 that flies from his hand. Or the girl that lets the recoil plant the pistol on her nose.....

Yeah, it kicks. Yeah, it kicks...a lot! Stand flat footed with your shoulder back and it'll knock you off balance. uh.... duh.... And he was expecting otherwise?

Upvote 0
I think such rifles can be used when firing 2-3 round bursts at the range of up to 100 meters. Of course, firing all 10 cartridges in one burst in the standing position is stupid. But how about firing AVT in prone position or from cover? Even crazy recoil weapons in RO1 were accurate when firing from cover.

Upvote 0
Yep I've seen that video. While the AVT40 has a lot of recoil, that guy is a bit of a noob when firing it. We actually recorded a full auto M14 as a substitute for the firing sound for the AVT40 since they have a similar ROF and caliber/round size. I watched the guy that was the weapon handler dump 20 rounds on full auto without stopping and yes the thing climbed like crazy, but it didn't knock him over and he could keep the gun at least pointed in the right general direction :) Granted this guy has about 30 years experience firing fully automatic weapons constantly, and actually trains military people on the use of non-US firearms. So he's basically the elite of the elite at handling these things. He's like the "hero" soldier at weapon handling ;)
maybe this can be used for AVS ? Same round don't know if it can be found in US. Maybe friends from 1C can get recording from Russian army. YouTube - Mujahedin shooting from SVU and AKM

Last edited:
Upvote 0