• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Avs-26/svt-38/PTRS

Let's be realistic here the PTRD is so damn useless compared to the Panzerfaust. Atleast the PTRS would give the allies a higher rate of fire.

(And yes I know the hitzones for tanks and how the PTRD "pwns" at tank killing, but it's pretty much useless unless you are at 90 degrees and under 75m or so within the tank. Its very hard to pull of with a one shot-reload-shoot once-reload again- get killed because you are stationary type of deal)

Upvote 0
*Votes for Panzerschreck and PTRS*
Me Too! :D
What the PTRS is to the PTRD would kind of be like what the scoped SVT would be to the scoped Nagant.
Since jamming doesn't occur in RO, it would make the PTRS more used but a main feature that would even out the balance between the two AT-rifles would be that players who chooses the PTRS for their class would not get the binoculars.
I know that this would seem like heresy to the RO's focus on realism but it would be a good solution IMO.

It would be cool to see a PTRS ingame But a Panzerschreck would also sparka rumpa just as much!:cool:
Go Go, Panzerj

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The C96 would not be a bad idea, but I'd like to see the Bergmann MP-18/28, Panzershreck, and... the Flammenwerfer 35.

Tut tut! Keep those flames down now! You CAN model a realistic flame thrower, you know. It doesn't necessarily have to the strafing guy from Doom/Quake/whatnot!

I'd love to see a squad of Sturmpioniere with one Flammenwerfer 35 blowing apart bunkers with satchel charges and flames!

Upvote 0
The C96 would not be a bad idea, but I'd like to see the Bergmann MP-18/28, Panzershreck, and... the Flammenwerfer 35.

Tut tut! Keep those flames down now! You CAN model a realistic flame thrower, you know. It doesn't necessarily have to the strafing guy from Doom/Quake/whatnot!

I'd love to see a squad of Sturmpioniere with one Flammenwerfer 35 blowing apart bunkers with satchel charges and flames!
I'd like to shoot the flamwmewerfer guy and watch said squad be engulfed in a ball of fiery death :D

Upvote 0
The PTRD is a piece of crap except under VERY specific circumstances. It's useful vs. the German APC, the Pz III, and the Pz IV F1, at most angles but only at certain ranges. It's useful against the Panther (which is stupid) but only at VERY specific ranges.

I can't remember the last time I was killed by a PTRD, or the last time I killed anything with one other than the three abovementioned vehicles, which is still historically accurate for the most part.

Personally, I think adding the PTRS would be a waste of time unless they add more stuff to shoot at and more maps on which it wouldn't be akin to bringing a knife to a gunfight.

Upvote 0
I think people have to remember that getting one shot kills with the PTRD is not only very difficult, but extremely difficult at long ranges, because you might be spotted, and you have to be angeled PERFECTLY to pull off 1 shot kills.

NOT perfectly, just well. If you angle yourself at 20 degrees or less to your target, you should penetrate. Aim for the vitals, and a penetrating shot should hurt your enemy significantly.

Upvote 0