• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Auto aim for gamepad users?

Status
Not open for further replies.
just slight auto aim so you wouldn't get butt raped by mouse users? i play PC games more then console but i freakin hate mouse and keyboard for first person games
i_dont_even_cat.jpg

This thread...

Upvote 0
Haha 21 dislikes.. oh wait 22.

If you don't like mouse and keyboard for fps games, which is quite odd, use your controller or gamepad anyway, you will just get raped and pillaged by PC gamers.

I can understand a game like GTA 4 or Assassin's Creed, which I do use a box of x game controller for, but I can't see this happening for RO2, and do not want it to happen for RO2.

Reactions: Vyllis
Upvote 0
Negative. Controllers have a significant dead zone, and it makes it very difficult to adjust for weapon sway as well as adjusting for tiny mistakes when aiming at range.

It is still significantly easier than close quarters combat on a gamepad, though.

I think what was being suggested is that auto-aim for controllers overcomes that deadzone by snapping to the target when you get close enough, or by reducing sensitivity when the crosshair is over a target, making it easier to acquire and stay on target with a controller.

Without the auto-aim you'd be right, which is why the OP asked for auto-aim.

Upvote 0
wow are you guys kidding me? every console game has even slight auto aim. try and team kill your own guys in halo, its extremely hard to do so. i asked a legit question. how is auto aim bad for gamepad users? ok whatever my question is answered

i cant think of one first person shooter that doesnt have auto aim on the consoles. but w/e

Upvote 0
I think what was being suggested is that auto-aim for controllers overcomes that deadzone by snapping to the target when you get close enough, or by reducing sensitivity when the crosshair is over a target, making it easier to acquire and stay on target with a controller.

Without the auto-aim you'd be right, which is why the OP asked for auto-aim.

Let me stir the pot a little bit. Have you considered using mouse and keyboard, which doesn't need aim assist in order to be effective?

Upvote 0
wow are you guys kidding me? every console game has even slight auto aim. try and team kill your own guys in halo, its extremely hard to do so. i asked a legit question. how is auto aim bad for gamepad users? ok whatever my question is answered

i cant think of one first person shooter that doesnt have auto aim on the consoles. but w/e
RO is a PC game. It will never cater to your inferior console aiming device.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.