• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] ArmA 3, for real

When you advance with a game....1,2,3 or 4 you must bring some new futures not anly the graphichs or vehicles.....from the videos this I can only call it a MOD!!!

ehhm what?

The list of new features is long, very long. Apart from better graphics there's underwatercombat, proper physics simulation (including vehicle interactions and ragdoll anims), Render To Texture (working mirrors etc.), complete overhaul of the animation system which we haven't even seen yet, helicopter flight dynamics from TOH and much, much more...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ehhm what?

The list of new features is long, very long. Apart from better graphics there's underwatercombat, proper physics simulation (including vehicle interactions and ragdoll anims), Render To Texture (working mirrors etc.), complete overhaul of the animation system which we haven't even seen yet, helicopter flight dynamics from TOH and much, much more...
I sed from the videos mate I'm not critisizing the game!!!

Upvote 0
The vids are pure tech demos showing off some of the new features (as in new to the RV engine) like ragdoll or underwater terrain and are not representative of what Arma 3 will be. All the videos are pre-alpha and most things we see are still Arma 2: OA or TOH standard as far as I can tell. The latest videos are from gamescom and that was over six months ago.
No wonder it looks more like a mod with a new big island.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
everything

With other words; you don't have a clue what's bad with the game since you can't explain it. ;)

Well, Its going to be the most realistic wargame game you can get your hands on. No other games can match it in terms of realism. The military simulator VBS wouldn't exist unless operation flashpoint / arma wasn't developed. Its as close you can get unless you would buy VBS2 or any other military simulator.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't understand why they have to make the ironsight wobble while walking thing so extreme. It doesn't look like that in real life because your brains can compensate for it :|
In the vid it just looks annoying and makes me sick.

But, it is only an ALPHA!!!111 . . .

Seriously, we all know the final game will be exactly like above video. That's how BIS works. Improve graphics, add some gimmicky features that nobody will use and don't touch the gameplay issues.

Though, to their credit they introduced reloading while running for ArmA 2. Now, that was an incredible step forward for a 2009 game isn't it?

Upvote 0
But, it is only an ALPHA!!!111 . . .

Seriously, we all know the final game will be exactly like above video. That's how BIS works. Improve graphics, add some gimmicky features that nobody will use and don't touch the gameplay issues.

Though, to their credit they introduced reloading while running for ArmA 2. Now, that was an incredible step forward for a 2009 game isn't it?

i think they`re been focusing improving they`re engine on the course of arma 2 develompent, not so much on gameplay changes. i think we see plenty of those in arma 3. btw the engine is coming along nicely, many bugs have been fixed in the 1.60 update not to mention preformance increase. and people have reported 100+ human players on 1 server working really well.

hats off to BIS for driving the PC gaming to whole new levels:IS2:

Upvote 0