• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Arma 2: Oa/bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

dextronaut

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 26, 2009
Pacific Northwest
Just bought the expansion and the DLC, the game is still unpolished but its very ambitious so i forgive it.

The weapons are some of the weakest sounding ive ever come across in a FPS. dont tell me this is a real simulator - ive fired guns before, the guns in ARMA's expansion/dlc sound like toys.

Dwarden - any chance you can give your guns some balls?????? I was really looking forward to the SA80 but its proven to be a toy in terms of sound, muzzle flash, and feel.

this isnt about ARMA 2, the guns in ARMA 2 sound fantastic and feel somewhat real. im talking about Operation Arrowhead and British Armed Forces. everything from the muzzle blast to the reload is so weak. the Enfield reload feels like it was taken from N64 Goldeneye (gun goes down and comes back up magically reloaded)

so i wanna know, i paid 39 bucks plus the DLC:

-will the guns get a reworking?? the reload animations like i said, N64 goldeneye status. the textures and models are good though. but the reload animations, the lack of him cycling the bolt, the recoil is too forgiving aswell on all the guns..

-sound wise, is it one of those situations where you NEED dolby digital surround sound bla bla? or thousand dollar headphones? i admit my sound system didnt cost me 5 grand, but it is quite nice and it does have a sub. the SA80, FAL, etc sounded like cap guns.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.