• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Are the mg42 and svt40 still in this game?

You can't say: "They don't include the MG42, because it's better than an DP28..."
The PPsh are better than the MP40 so you don't want it in RO2, too?

No no that would be the worst thing ever.

By the way the STV40 is much better than the G41, too :D

The MG42 isn't a super weapon, it has an high fire rate, but that means that you are very fast out of ammo.
You have to reload very soon, and change the barrel a lot of times.

(ironic on) Oh best idea ever for the best balance: use only Kar98 and Mosin Nagant (ironic off)

RO2 isn't CoD or BF, not everybody are able to use all weapons. In RO:Ost it was good like it was, with all main Infantry weapons of WW2

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i was wondering about this as well, this picture has been posted a dozen times here but it proves it was in stalingrad, itd be a shame if it were left out of the game

IR54-MG42.JPG

Upvote 0
@kleist: I'm totally against "balance" in RO2. My comment was actually ironic. I'm afraid MG42 won't be in game because of flawed sense of balance. And MP40 now has double mag feature. G41 may be just as good as SVT in game. In RO1 it was actually better, at least for me (I'm more of precision shooter than volume shooter). So, to sum it up: I would love to see Mg42 as a much superior weapon to DP28. It was designed to kill, and that's why it has such a high ROF. If fired in shorts bursts, ammo is no problem. But the devs will probably reintroduce inaccurate, insta-overheating bullet-lobber MG42, to balance it out around DP28. In RO1 it WAS balanced with DP28. So they probably are going to do this again or just omit the MG42.

Upvote 0
@kleist: I'm totally against "balance" in RO2. My comment was actually ironic. I'm afraid MG42 won't be in game because of flawed sense of balance. And MP40 now has double mag feature. G41 may be just as good as SVT in game. In RO1 it was actually better, at least for me (I'm more of precision shooter than volume shooter). So, to sum it up: I would love to see Mg42 as a much superior weapon to DP28. It was designed to kill, and that's why it has such a high ROF. If fired in shorts bursts, ammo is no problem. But the devs will probably reintroduce inaccurate, insta-overheating bullet-lobber MG42, to balance it out around DP28. In RO1 it WAS balanced with DP28. So they probably are going to do this again or just omit the MG42.

The devs have repeatedly said they are making each weapon as close to the real world equivalent as possible. They didn't spend the effort finding and shooting all the ww2 guns they could get their hands on for ****s and giggles.

The only balance change I'm aware of is giving ppsh clip mags to start, but they are not changing the properties of any weapon.

Upvote 0
well, they said Russians had dp28 and maxim, so Germans have mg34 and...?

... A MG34 on a tripod.

But I am convinced that the MG42 is in the game, because it actually was in Stalingrad.

Production numbers from Lexikon der Wehrmacht are:

MG 42
1942 17.915
1943 116.725

Also large numbers of MG42 prototypes from 1942 were available.

MG 34
1942 63.163
1943 48.802

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think it's sad if they introduce all this weaponry that might or might not have been in Stalingrad but pass on the MG42 for which there is proof it was in Stalingrad. Especially for something so petty as balance reasons. It's really fun to use in RO and I prefer asymmetrical balance where the Russians have the superior SMG and Germans the superior MG. Asymmetrical balance is what sparks people to think about tactics.

Reactions: Flogger23m
Upvote 0