• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Are the 91/30 scoped and un-scoped versions intended to have different sounds?

Graphic

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 2, 2006
Nevada
I doubt it. Same gun after all, just one has a scope on it. Both the scoped and un-scoped Kar98k rifles sound identical.

That being the case, I think its proof that the normal 91/30 sound effect is bugged somehow, which is why its pretty weak with no "bang" in it.

Fire the normal 91/30 to refresh your memory, and then spawn as a marksman and fire the scoped version. It sounds a lot more powerful, doesn't it? It sounds "the same" in a way, but better. Definitely comparable to the Kar98k sound in terms of power. Sounds like a rifle ought to.

I move that the scoped 91/30 sound be given to the un-scoped one, as was probably intended.

Last edited:
It's typical arcadey gameplay gimmick that has been used since Medal of Honor: Allied Assault days. It's to distinguish one rifle from its sniper variant. The scoped versions always sound louder to portray a long range shot.

Are you sure? Do the scoped and un-scoped Kar rifles sound different?

I just checked real quick. The scoped and un-scoped Kar rifles sound identical.

I believe I'm onto something.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Are you sure? Do the scoped and un-scoped Kar rifles sound different?

I don't know, I haven't played the game yet. I'm just basing on what you just said, that the uncsoped rifles have less hump in the shot sound effect compared to the sniper variant.
If it's a bug, it should be corrected, if not, it's the well know gimmick I described previously.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's typical arcadey gameplay gimmick that has been used since Medal of Honor: Allied Assault days. It's to distinguish one rifle from its sniper variant. The scoped versions always sound louder or with added reverberation to portray a long range shot.
No it 100% sure is NOT A GIMMICK, BUT A BUG.

There are no supersonic bullet cracks, no reverbs/echos, all environmental effects are ****ed up right now.

Upvote 0