• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Anyone tried e-cigarettes?

@ omarfw
you do know there are substances that only make you psychologically addicted (like sugar) and substances that make both your body and yourself addicted, right?

please tell someone who is addicted to heroine to grow some "balls" and quit right now, because you managed it with your oh so extreme sugar addiction :rolleyes:

im really proud of you mate:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@ omarfw
you do know there are substances that only make you psychologically addicted (like sugar) and substances that make both your body and yourself addicted, right?

please tell someone who is addicted to heroine to grow some "balls" and quit right now, because you managed it with your oh so extreme sugar addiction :rolleyes:

im really proud of you mate:rolleyes:

so you're attempting to prove me wrong by using one of the hardest to defeat addictions known to man as an example?

i'm not stupid, i realized that. but I never said heroine addicts should man up, i meant everyday typically addictions like ciggs and caffeine and sugar and WoW ect.

Heroine is not a typical addiction. It's probably the most addictive substances around so why would I refer to that. CLEARLY you can't just throw a "grow some balls" at something of that caliber.
having an addiction isn't wrong. i'm not about to yell at people for having addictions. not fighting against them is whats wrong.

so when i say grow some balls i dont mean "people with real balls dont get addictions" i mean have some willpower to get over it and stop letting it control your life ffs or at least get help from other people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@omarfw

you said any (and now you basically said it again) addiction can be defeated by growing some mans balls :rolleyes:

you do realise that Nicotine also is highly addictive to your body right?
your body stops being addicted to it after 3-6 days of not smoking, but it still is a servere hinderance in the beginning, compared to substances that only make your brain addicted

you just remind me of some little kid poking at a fat man and telling him to stop eating, as you can do it too :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
nevermind im not fighting with you guys. i said my opinion and you said yours. anything more would just lead to trolling. though lemon is doing that already.

Well hopefully you have learned that your sugar 'addiction' cannot be compared to real ones like smoking?

Haha sugar addiction still brings me to tears sorry!! :D

Upvote 0
Well hopefully you have learned that your sugar 'addiction' cannot be compared to real ones like smoking?

Haha sugar addiction still brings me to tears sorry!! :D

I actually never once said it compared to ciggs since ciggs more directly affects your brain. I never said anything about any addiction (cept for heroin) i've mentioned so far pertaining to heiarchy of which is more severe (if it seems like i did then i apologize). its a well known fact that ciggs are harder to quit then sugar. you're assuming that when i talk about my sugar addiction that im saying that its just as bad as an addiction to ciggs or something. you're wrong.

but an addiction is an addiction. i didn't just like sugar, i craved it and i went nuts when i couldn't get it and would go to great lengths (even shoplifting) to get it. who knows, maybe my brain is more affected then it by normal people now but it doesn't matter now because now if i eat sugar i can end up in a hospital because im hypoglycemic and if i continue to eat sugar i'll end up diabetic. are you really laughing at me for having a problem with something that could potentially be life threatening? cuz if you are then you need to learn some maturity. i wouldn't laugh at any addictions you've had so why should you laugh at mine.

you can be addicted to anything, don't laugh at other peoples addictions just cuz you haven't had that addiction and you think its retarded. that would be like me saying that alcoholism is an easy thing to get over when i've never had alcohol. the level of actual brain alteration may vary from substance to substance but the level of stress relief is the same for whatever you use to relieve it (addiction wise that is). we're discussing peoples addictions here (particularly ciggs) not using them as troll bait.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I actually never once said it compared to ciggs since ciggs more directly affects your brain. I never said anything about any addiction (cept for heroin) i've mentioned so far pertaining to heiarchy of which is more severe (if it seems like i did then i apologize). its a well known fact that ciggs are harder to quit then sugar. you're assuming that when i talk about my sugar addiction that im saying that its just as bad as an addiction to ciggs or something. you're wrong.

but an addiction is an addiction. i didn't just like sugar, i craved it and i went nuts when i couldn't get it and would go to great lengths (even shoplifting) to get it. who knows, maybe my brain is more affected then it by normal people now but it doesn't matter now because now if i eat sugar i can end up in a hospital because im hypoglycemic and if i continue to eat sugar i'll end up diabetic. are you really laughing at me for having a problem with something that could potentially be life threatening? cuz if you are then you need to learn some maturity. i wouldn't laugh at any addictions you've had so why should you laugh at mine.

you can be addicted to anything, don't laugh at other peoples addictions just cuz you haven't had that addiction and you think its retarded. that would be like me saying that alcoholism is an easy thing to get over when i've never had alcohol. the level of actual brain alteration may vary from substance to substance but the level of stress relief is the same for whatever you use to relieve it (addiction wise that is). we're discussing peoples addictions here (particularly ciggs) not using them as troll bait.

im sorry if i offended you mate

but telling ppl to get balls and quit an addiction is just as bad as laughing about wierd addictions

oh and why am i trolling this thread?, im smoking myself

Upvote 0
I'll rephrase it then. Since my original statement seems to be rather misleading.

For example, I hate it when people whine about not being able to quit cigarettes (not just ciggs but that's a common one). sure it's not really my area to criticize since i've never smoked so i tend to not saying anything on this subject but this is a forum and this topic was brought up so hey why not. It's my personal opinion that anybody can conquer anything that has control over them if they are willing to take the steps to do it. if you disagree with that then that's fine.

I just don't like it when people don't even try. it's not a very strong opinion so it's not like it actually makes me mad. hell, im not even anti-smoking.

but if someone's not willing to take the steps necessary to quit smoking, they shouldn't whine that they can't do it. if you want to smoke, go ahead. if you don't want to smoke but "cant" quit the habit then you aren't trying hard enough.

hope that will clarify things.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I never smoked but my mother managed to quit it without help.

she says the secret is to resist the impulses, the anxiety is not steady, they are like attacks, if you resist those attacks they become less and less frequent, and each small victory brings you closer to your goal
I actually never thought it was that hard to quit. The hard part is not starting again sooner or later. At least for me.

Upvote 0